Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ohhcrap
Level 7

Prime Video narrating background scene

I have a Ruku 4660X, SW version 9.2.0:4807.  When I use this with Prime Video somehow a feature set was turned on that narrates the scene.  For example,  “dog running on beach”, “snow falling”, “man on couch pulling hair out trying to figure out how turn this off”.  

It does not do this with any other steaming service.

How does one turn this “Feature” off?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
makaiguy
Level 21

Re: Prime Video narrating background scene

While playing program on Prime Video:
* Key > Accessibility > Audio guide > off
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
ohhcrap
Level 7

No joy on that.

This appears to be tied somehow to a particular movie "Super 8"  other Prime Videos DO NOT behave like this quirk.

Other oddity is I can play "Super 8" on a PC and it works fine.

0 Kudos
knuckster39282
Level 7

I’ve followed these instructions, and it still does it on Downton Abbey but not other ones. HELP!  I’ve even signed out is prime and back in, and it still won’t work. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

While playing a video press the * button on your remote and see if there's an option to change the audio track.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
DMG1
Level 7

I am.having the same issue only with th season 4 of DA. Never had this issue before and haven't changed anything in last 8 months.

0 Kudos
Jbryson6437
Level 7

I’ve tried every which way to turn off the audio guide on Downton Abbey and was only able to get it off on one of 2 TVs.  Very frustrating.  I think too many people want to watch it and Amazon has forced it on to discourage viewing.  I don’t have the problem on any other Amazon Prime programs.  Only DA.  Hm......

0 Kudos
Jbryson6437
Level 7

And there is an option for audio track but you can’t make any changes to it.

0 Kudos
Mitiori
Level 8

Solved: Prime Video narrating background scene

I was having the same issue with Downton Abbey on Amazon Prime. Press up, up again, above x-ray and the screen shots there are three menus, scroll right to audio, press English (US) Audio. Then a menu will appear with two options (it should say 2 above what appears to be one audio choice). Select English (UK).

Found it by desperate action clicking around!

Olsonbassist
Level 7

Re: Solved: Prime Video narrating background scene

Thanks so much - I've been trying to figure this out for weeks for DA!

0 Kudos