Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Prime Video fast forward, start from beginning problem

Prime works on my Ultra and streaming stick, however, the latest update has bugs.

1. Fast forward only goes real fast, it's unusable.

2. If you try to select an episode already watched, it doesn't give the option to start from the beginning and it doesn't make it the current selection.

Is Amazon just trying to sell more fire sticks?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Prime Video fast forward, start from beginning problem

Well, one can never tell with Amazon... Smiley Very Happy

Actually, that fast forward issue changed a long time ago. I remember when you could use the directional pad to smoothly move forward or back without it speeding along. But that changed long ago. It does the same on other devices, so it's the way Amazon wants it to be. It works the same way on my Shield TV, which is Android based just like the Fire TV.

However, if I haven't watched something completely to the end, I've always had buttons to resume or start from the beginning. If I've watched to the end, then a replay should start over at the beginning of the video. 

I do remember it used to not remember which episode was lasted watched and take you to the latest episode number that was viewed, but that too was resolved a long time ago. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

Prime is made for voice control (Alexa) and is not very remote friendly. I'm sure that sounded like a great idea to the bean counters for so many reasons (a microphone in every customers home) In reality doesn't work well if there are other people, kids, dogs, a phone call, and you want to control the TV with your voice. Try telling your wife, "Honey don't talk, I'm going to find something to watch on Prime Video, it may take a while."

Getting to your fast forward problem. If you're at the end of an episode try rewinding a few minutes, exit the show, click the show again and it should give you the option to start at the beginning.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

@atc98092   Do you know where to provide feedback to Amazon Prime about this issue with their app?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

@PBG wrote:

@atc98092   Do you know where to provide feedback to Amazon Prime about this issue with their app?

Not without searching the Amazon web site. But I would imagine they have a contact listed somewhere. I'd probably start looking under Prime Video on their web site. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12

@PBG wrote:

All Prime app platform versions contain contact info under Settings/Contact us - and its different email addresses for each platform:

Roku:  aiv-roku-feedback@amazon.com

LG:  aiv-lg-feedback@amazon.com

FireTV:  amazon.com/videohelp

TiVo:  aiv-android-feedback@amazon.com

Nvidia:  androidtv-feedback@amazon.com

If you want live chat/phone support, you can go to amazon.com/videohelp and click on the "Contact Us" button in the lower left corner (beneath "quick solutions")