Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joe6
Level 7

Prime Video descriptions

Jump to solution

Hi- Problem accessing detailed movie description on the Prime Video channel (using Roku Streaming Stick+).  If I select a movie, it displays a page showing info about that movie, including the first three lines of a description.  I cannot seem to access the full description.  I can navigate to [Subtitles and more], [Watch Now], and [+ Watchlist], but can't figure out how to access the full description.  Anybody know how to do this?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Prime Video descriptions

Jump to solution

@CurtNic 

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Amazon Prime Video support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Amazon Prime Video support here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=G9SY6AQJV45JFMET

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 16

Jump to solution

@fabian29483 wrote:

Your first sentence tells me you didn't read MY first sentence.  

I also know Amazon sells their Fire sticks.  I was being facetious with that one.  

I disagree that expecting Roku to make the contact with Amazon won't "make it so".  For me, it is between the 2 of them to fix functionality I (we) find annoying, glitchy, etc - before we look elsewhere.  

That's what will happen.  They'll (Amazon or Roku) will fix it, or I will pick the next thing that comes along that I think is better.  

I have had enough contact with enough big companies' customer service.   Most of them suck.  Enough of them suck that I am loathe to contact ones I've never spoken with or emailed before.  This description issue is annoying enough for me to try other devices, when they come available,  but not enough for me to want to talk to anybody's sorry customer service.   

If, by some miracle, I got in touch with the smartest and most powerful engineer at Amazon that knew first try what I was talking about and knew exactly how to fix it - I bet you he wouldn't  do it.  The solution would affect millions of people.  You think he's gonna make that change because I ask nicely?  I think he WOULD consider changing it for a Roku Rep that had numerous complaints across several different media.  

The link to Amazon Danny keeps giving is a lazy response.  He represents one provider (that we pay).  He COULD HAVE BEEN our representative to Amazon.  He or someone like him.  From Roku.  

I have now officially wasted enough time on this exchange about poor customer service.   I'm not sure what dog you have in this fight, nor do I care, but it seems you are awfully defensive of Roku to be a user like most on this forum.  Go ahead and have the last word if you want,  I'm not likely to respond anymore.  But I'll keep my eye out for the inevitable Roku replacement device.  

Roku does have poor customer service, especially since the lockdown (using California's ongoing dubious lockdown as a pretext for shutting off phone support etc).

Regardless, Roku does not code the Prime app: Amazon does; nor does Roku use the Prime app:  you do; and it is up to you to direct your communications about issues/limitations/etc with Amazon's app to Amazon.

Danny's response, while formulaic, is correct:  get support for the Prime service using the Prime app from Amazon.  Roku is not the provider of any of Prime's services/products - they are the provider of a (yes, one) platform that Amazon (and other service providers) provide service access to via apps. 

Danny will be pleased to know you consider him the "smartest and most powerful Roku forum support engineer" able to "change the world of Prime streaming as we know it!", unlike Amazon's app development "engineers"...

Considering the amount of time you dedicated here to complaining about Roku's lack of support for Amazon's products and services, you could have easily contacted/informed Amazon about your (unstated) issue in the same amount of time or less.

You can "wish it were otherwise" and disagree all you want detailing your longstanding experience and (likely and reasonable) frustration dealing with customer support in general, and avoid your responsibility/options as a consumer (its your subscription to the Prime service and issue with the Prime app at stake), but extant reality continues to exist as such, your subjective explained fantasy preference otherwise notwithstanding.

There are plenty of other "inevitable replacement Roku" streaming device options out there, competitively priced ($30-50) with similar functionality, and I recommend you use at least 3 different streaming platforms in order to cover issues relating to app carriage disputes/availability, functionality/compatibility differences, bad software (firmware app) updates, with at least one of them being Android/Android TV based (for the purpose of being able to sideload apps). 

As far as the specific issue of this thread (that you responded to without explicitly stating you had the same problem nor mentioning it or any other issue at all, but rather made some general complaint about abrogating your consumer responsibility), it is already "fixed":  Select "languages & more" to get the full description of the content.

That was your issue, right?  Surely that's why you repeatedly posted in this particular thread...as opposed to venting about your chosen abrogation of consumer responsibility due to ongoing frustration over past support experiences...

0 Kudos
38 Replies
makaiguy
Level 20

Jump to solution
I think you've found all there is in the recent update from Amazon to their Prime Video app.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
CurtNic
Level 7

Jump to solution

I would love an answer to this as well!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@CurtNic 

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Amazon Prime Video support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Amazon Prime Video support here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=G9SY6AQJV45JFMET

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

0 Kudos
Imthewalrus
Level 7

Jump to solution

You should atleast acknowledge the problem.  Being passed off to contact amazon is like sticking toothpicks under your fingernails.  Amazon's service sucks, you'll never get an answer from them.  Its Rokus platform, they should be addressing the issue with Amazon, not your customers, Danny. 

Papi11
Level 7

Jump to solution

Couldn’t agree more. ‘‘Tis very annoying. The cheapest and fastest way to answer a tech question is to pass it on. 

Scootypuffsr
Level 7

Jump to solution

This is a messed up answer, that does mot offer any help and is disrespectful to the people who pay for your devices.

Kirk429
Level 7

Jump to solution

I also have this same question on how to read the rest of the content description.  
How helpful is this in determining what its about?

“In a documentary filled with...”

Papi11
Level 7

Jump to solution

I get the feeling that Roku doesn’t care about fixing this. If it doesn’t help selling devices why waste time with it. Please, someone from Roku address this issue. 

machoate
Level 7

Jump to solution

This is a Roku issur not Prime. I dont have this issue using Prime on computer or PlayStation. It is only an issue on Roku. Does Roku intend to address this or further the reputation for poor customer service?