Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Madiuq78
Level 7

Prime Video channel not available for Europe/Belgium users

Jump to solution

On Roku Premiere, the Prime Video channel not available for Europe/Belgium users. While I can watch Prime Video using my PS4, I've bought Roku to use it as media device together with other subscriptions.

On Roku site, I can see the channel as long as I don't logon. When I log on with my BE Roku account, the 'Add channel' button is disabled.

For two other streaming services, Netflix & AppleTV+, all is working.

- Netflix, no remarks. Works better than on Chromecast.

- AppleTV+ sometimes a little lag/short interruption. I watch in 1080p resolution.  (I'm reading that reverting to 720p would improve performance... but that can't be the goal/solution).

On my PS4, there's another subscription not working. My goal is to get all working 3/3 on Roku.

Please advise

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Prime Video channel not available for Europe/Belgium users

Jump to solution

Hi @dr_gio,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community and for the inquiry channel request for Amazon Prime Video.

Please be noted that Channels are developed by each service provider themselves. You'll want to contact Amazon Prime Video support to see if they have any plans to develop and offer a channel for their service on the Roku platform in your region.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Many thanks,
Mary

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
dr_gio
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same Problem!

Do not understand the reason.

Can this channel please be allowee in Europe?

Thx

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @dr_gio,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community and for the inquiry channel request for Amazon Prime Video.

Please be noted that Channels are developed by each service provider themselves. You'll want to contact Amazon Prime Video support to see if they have any plans to develop and offer a channel for their service on the Roku platform in your region.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Many thanks,
Mary

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Madiuq78
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi

I've created a new ROKU account not in Europe.

This enabled me to add all channels I use.

Kind regards

Kristof

0 Kudos