Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Prime Video channel does not load, locks up player.

Exact same thing has been happening to mine. Locked up 5 times. Never could get Prime to come on. Remembered that I still had a firestick that I hadn’t used in awhile. Prime pulled right up on it and I was able to watch my movie.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I have 2 Roku devices. Prime Video works great on one but not the other.  When I go the Prime Video, I see a message that it is loading. When it gets to 100%, it freezes.  Have to turn off the device to resume function. My Prime Video version is 11.4, build 2020060412.  My issue ID is 84-291-311.

Hope you are able to resolve this issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Lmlamson 

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

This same issue is happening again.   This is the 3rd time this year and it is getting old.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Fueldor 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us with more information? What Roku device are you using? What are you seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you taken already?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

I am using Roku express.  I have power cycled. uninstalled/ reinstalled amazon prime.  I have verified roku express is up to date. Been thru every iteration of "IT calisthenics" running back and forth from my computer to the tv in the other room.  I have spent way too much time online with Amazon support trouble shooting...doing the shut down/ uninstall reinstall, verify this, verify that, etc...dance monkey dance.  Quite literally hours and each time the issue is not on my end. I'm pretty much fed up with it all. It is a waste of my time trouble shooting for an error that is obviously originating at the source...not at the end user.  As this is the 3rd time this has happened this year meaning  SOMEONE has already fixed it twice before, knows what is wrong,  and should be able to fix it again.   

Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Fueldor 

Thanks for the post.

When removing a channel, please make sure that you restart the device before adding the channel back again. It is important that it is done specifically in this order.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

I did that ...in the EXACT order you suggested.....colossal waste of my  time yet again.  Still sound only and no picture.   The last two times this happened  someone quietly fixed the issue on their end. Or am I to believe the channel started working by "magic"?  Whether it was Amazon or Roku.....  Neither would take ownership and admit to the source of the problem.  It would certainly be nice this time if someone could narrow it down and provide a reference # to report for the NEXT TIME it happens.  I'm exhausted with all the time on my end going thru the motions of shutdown/ reboot/ verify this/ verify that, trouble shoot this/ troubleshoot that....all in vain..  This issue is not on my end.  It lies with either AMAZON or ROKU and I would appreciate it getting escalated and fixed without me doing a bunch of ultimately placebo exercises.  Like I stated before...this has happened twice this year and been fixed TWICE....quitely in the background......someone knows what the issue is already and has a fix for it.

Highlighted
Level 7

Fueldor is correct.  I'm having the exact issue (again).  Several months ago Roku-Austin got it fixed by working with Amazon.  They're making some kind of change that causes this -- it has been a recurring issue.  You can get the sound but no video.  Deleting the channel and reloading it doesn't help.  Once I was able to get it to work by completely resetting my whole Roku account but then Amazon freezes up again.  Not sure about everybody else, but My Roku Express is connected via component video (not hdmi).  That seemed to be a key piece of info the last time the issue came up.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

@baalwww wrote:

The same thing is happening to me. Prime loads to 100% then sits there as shown. No update available for either Roku or Prime.  Deleting and re-adding the channel does nothing.image.jpg

Exact same thing is happening to me.  Removing channel with a restart did not resolve the situation.

0 Kudos