Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Prime Video channel does not load, locks up player.

For over a week now my Prime Video (Amazon) channel has not loaded on either of my two Roku Express devices.  When I try to load the channel my device locks up and has to be unplugged.  I have read through and tried everything I can find on the support page and nothing helps. The channel works just fine on laptop, phones and ipads.  Called the support number only to be told that there is no phone support due to Covid-19.  Really, ya'll blaming the 'rona for this too??!! 

There was a ROKU system update the day before this started, that seems to be the root cause.  Worked fine before the system update.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Level 7

Re: Prime Video channel does not load, locks up player.

I've been having the same problem also for about a week.  If I select a program, I can hear the audio but the video freezes on the selection screen.  The only thing that worked was doing a factory reset of my Roku Express+.  However, once I watched a couple of shows, it locked up again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for reporting this issue. We are actively investigating and would like to gather more details from folks who may be experiencing an audio loss on the Prime Video channel.

Please send me a PM directly, and include:

- Your Roku device ID, software version, and build (all found under Home > Settings > System > About).

- The Prime Video channel version (highlight Prime Video from your home screen and press the * button on your Roku remote to see the channel info).

- A brief description of what you are seeing or hearing.

- If possible, please also grab a tracker ID so our engineering team can take a peek. To get a tracker ID, launch the channel and wait for the problem to present itself. Then, using the Roku remote, press Home 5x and Back (next to Home) 5x in quick succession. If you're successful, you'll see a Tracker ID displayed. Please add the Tracker ID in your PM. If you aren't able to generate a Tracker ID, no problem, please submit your feedback with as much of the other information as possible.

Thank you! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

The exact same issue has started again.  I don't know who or why someone is messing with stuff in the background but this is getting ridiculous.  Am I going to have to go for another full week before this is resolved again?

Any answer to why this is happening again only two weeks later?  Has someone not learned their lesson? Roll back your updates and please check that whatever new ones you roll outin the future dont repeat this error.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Fueldor 

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Hi -- Unfortunately, deleting the channel and adding it back doesn't help.  The only thing that works is if you do a factory reset...then it will work for awhile but start freezing again.  Two weeks ago I sent a detailed incident report and RokuAustin worked with Amazon to get it fixed, but now it is acting up again.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

The same thing is happening to me. Prime loads to 100% then sits there as shown. No update available for either Roku or Prime.  Deleting and re-adding the channel does nothing.image.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

No.  That doesn't work.  I went through literally hours of shut down/ reboot/ uninstall /reinstall the last time.  Pretty much everything possible I could do on my end.  Ultimately it didn't make any difference other than I got to waste my time doing I.T. department " placebo calisthenics." (read pointless exercises)  The issue is either with Roku's update or Amazon's update.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Same problem Prime  audio no video and tried everything, three times.
this was a new express device install yesterday.

how do I send a PM

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi everyone,

Thanks for reporting this issue. 

Please send me a PM directly, and include:

- Your Roku device ID, software version, and build (all found under Home > Settings > System > About).

- The Prime Video channel version (highlight Prime Video from your home screen and press the * button on your Roku remote to see the channel info).

- A brief description of what you are seeing or hearing.

- If possible, please also grab a tracker ID so our engineering team can take a peek. To get a tracker ID, launch the channel and wait for the problem to present itself. Then, using the Roku remote, press Home 5x and Back (next to Home) 5x in quick succession. If you're successful, you'll see a Tracker ID displayed. Please add the Tracker ID in your PM. If you aren't able to generate a Tracker ID, no problem, please submit your feedback with as much of the other information as possible.

For more information about how to send a PM, visit our Community post here: Welcome to the Community

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos