Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jontalk
Roku Guru

Prime Video channel back/return issue

The channel recently updated and I'd hoped they'd fixed the problem with returning to a category. Unfortunately, its worse than before. 

What happens is as you scroll through a category and click on a title for summary and other information, clicking back will send you to the top of the page or somewhere else. You never know where it will return you to and its annoying as **bleep**. Worse yet, there's no Prime video support page to report it to. HBO Max has the same problem.

Running the latest OS11 firmware on my 4800x with a high speed WIRED connection. Not sure if this is a Roku firmware or channel issue, though it appears to be with Prime video. 

Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
Roku Ultra 4800R; LG OLED55B7A, ONKYO TX-NR636, Panasonic Blu Ray, Definitive Studio Monitor 450 (L/R), Definitive LCR 2000 (center), Definitive 10" sub-woofer, Definitive surrounds. Motorola MB8600 modem. Asus RT-AX68U WiFi 6 router. Western Digital Power Line network adapters
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Prime Video channel back/return issue

Hi @jontalk,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? Does the issue only occur on Prime Video and HBO Max or all channels on your Roku device? What Roku model device are you using? In addition, can you please specify the exact steps you are taking to reproduce this issue? 

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jontalk
Roku Guru

My apologies for the delay in responding. As stated in my signature, I have a Roku 4800x (Ultra) using a wired, high speed connection. The Prime app has updated since the original post, and while its improved, the issue remains in various degrees. Example: browsing the "newly added" section, I click on a title, read the details and might add it to a list. When clicking 'back' I'm often returned to an entirely different category instead of where I'd left off.  I've seen this occur with HBO Max but neither Netflix, Peacock, Kanopy or others so its obvious the issue isn't widespread. Does that help? 

P.S. Last night while scrolling through the new release category, I clicked a title, then clicked back and was returned to 'continue watching' instead. I scrolled to the settings>help and found the address for sending feedback and posted a suggestion. That said, to say this is annoying is an understatement especially when free apps like Tubi, Peacock and others work as they should

Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
Roku Ultra 4800R; LG OLED55B7A, ONKYO TX-NR636, Panasonic Blu Ray, Definitive Studio Monitor 450 (L/R), Definitive LCR 2000 (center), Definitive 10" sub-woofer, Definitive surrounds. Motorola MB8600 modem. Asus RT-AX68U WiFi 6 router. Western Digital Power Line network adapters
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@jontalk
Thanks for the follow up and providing us with that information.

If you are only experiencing this issue on the HBO Max channel, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jontalk
Roku Guru

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

@jontalk
Thanks for the follow up and providing us with that information.

If you are only experiencing this issue on the HBO Max channel, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny..as stated in the thread TITLE, the issue is with Prime Video rather than HBO Max. There are no direct ways to reach them, other than leaving feedback which was done weeks ago. Thanks

Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
0 Kudos