Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ckagy
Level 7

Prime Video & YouTube can't load

I am unable to use YouTube or Prime Video on my Roku model 4210X, software version 10.0.0, build 4209-04.

When I try to open the YouTube or Prime Video channel, I get a dialog saying "can't run channel" and that the channel could not be reinstalled from the network.

I have confirmed the network connection is strong.

There is approx. 31G of storage remaining in an SD card in the Roku.

I have updated the Roku, removed the  apps, the added the  apps and rebooted the Roku multiple times with no success.

Please advise if there are other steps I can take to get access to Prime Video and YouTube on the Roku again.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4\
StreamerUser
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Prime Video & YouTube can't load

Known solutions/workarounds for appS not loading:

1) Check for updates: Settings/System/System updates/Check now - try again

2) Change your Theme to the Roku Default: Settings/Theme/Restore default theme - try again

3) Change your Screensaver to a Roku clock: Settings/Theme/Screensavers - try again

4) Remove app, RESTART ROKU: Settings/System/System restart/Restart  <-- MUST DO THIS HERE!!, Add app - try again

5) Network connection reset: Settings/System/Advanced system settings/Network connection reset - try again

6) Completely unplug power from Roku for 10-15 minutes - try again

7) Factory reset: Settings/System/Advanced system settings/Factory reset <--- last resort

StreamerUser
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
DBDukes

@ckagy 

One other thing, in addition to what @StreamerUser suggested. Remove the microSD card.

The microSD card may have that much unused space, but Roku only uses 2 GB. Any card larger than 2 GB is a waste, quite frankly. You don't have that much usable space by the Roku. And, since Roku prefers smaller cards, it could be that the large card you're using is causing problems. Cards aren't required, of course, and either the apps aren't on the card anyway, since the device is trying to download them, or if they are, the device can't read it well enough and has to download it anyway (remember, a card larger than 2 GB is a waste, and can cause problems).

So, remove the card and see if the apps load.

DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/

Note: I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
ckagy
Level 7

Circling back to close this out.

It took a factory reset to get it to work.

-Chris

0 Kudos
StreamerUser

Unfortunately sometimes the only recourse/solution is a factory reset - because its "the nuclear option" its the last resort, but it is known to work most of the time, when nothing else does.

Thanks for letting us know it resolved it for you.

StreamerUser

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos