Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Prime Video Profiles

Jump to solution

Prime video recently added the ability to have multiple profiles on one account like you have with Netflix or hulu. I noticed this feature this evening on my Samsung smart TV. However when I went upstairs to use the roku on my non-smart TV, the option for switching to 1 of the profiles I created earlier on the smart TV wasn't there. Searching the Internet and Amazon site didn't lead to much of anything. In fact, it was unclear if Amazon would be including roku in this new feature, as it only mentioned IOS, android and certain smart TV apps. Has anyone else encountered this? Or heard anything about roku being included in the ability to have multiple profiles for prime?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Prime Video Profiles

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Amazon Prime Video support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Amazon Prime Video support here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=G9SY6AQJV45JFMET

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
40 Replies
Highlighted
Level 18

Jump to solution

First I've heard of it, but this would be a welcome feature.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

It wouldn't be the first time Amazon **bleep**ting all over the Roku community. Just to name a few: audio/video/subtitle sync issues, no proper subtitles, no video preview... etc. They've been aware of these "issues" for a loooong time. Yet they do nothing.

Highlighted
Level 18

Jump to solution
Roku devices compete with Amazon Fire devices. Amazon has little incentive to improve their Roku presence.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue with Prime Video Profiles on both of my Roku Soundbars. I chatted with a rep at Amazon who said:

"I'd like to inform you that Prime Video profile creation and management is supported on the following devices:

1. Mobile/Tablet (Android and iOS).

2. Web (Desktop, Mobile Web, and mShop).

3. Living Room Devices. (PlayStation 4 (PS4), Roku Premiere (4620), Roku Premiere+ (4630), Roku Ultra (4640, 4660, 4670), Roku Ultra LT (4662), 4K Roku TV 7000X, Samsung Smart TV (2018 & above), LG Smart TV (2018 & above), Panasonic Television 2019 MTK MT5813, TPVision Television 2019 MediaTek 5806, Apple TV (2nd and 3rd Generation), and Chromecast).

Note: Apple TV 2nd and 3rd generation only has profile switching. Profile management (create, edit, or delete) is currently unavailable.

4. Prime Video app on Fire TV."

So according to Amazon, this should be available for Roku. I tried some of their troubleshooting steps like ensuring both the Roku and the Prime Video app are up to date and removing and reinstalling the Prime Video app. Unfortunately, still not getting the profiles.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Response from Roku:

Thank you for contacting Roku. 

We understand that you are not able to use profiles on Amazon. Amazon development team is working along with our team to get this released. At this time, we cannot comment on when the feature will be available. Please stay tuned to get more updates from blog.roku.com for future releases.

Regards,

Roku Customer Support

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

What? Why wouldn't it be supported on the Roku Stick 4K? Or the Roku Express? That's beyond ridiculous!

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Just confirmed the Prime profiles are a feature showing on my parents' Roku, which is one of the newer, fancier models.  I have the streaming stick plus (I think) and the profiles are not showing on there.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Switching and profile management is available on Ultra's but not on my Roku 4 (4400x). The Apple TV app is not available on the Roku 4 either but is on the Ultra. Roku really needs a trade in program if they are not going to upgrade the OS on the current gen -1 devices that are just a few years old.

Highlighted
Level 15

Jump to solution

The Roku4 runs the same OS as the others. The 4 does use a different chipset than other Roku's as it was the first 4K. That is part of the reason some channels are not available on it.

Otherwise, as far as Amazon profiles, I did read that it is rolling out and not everyone will get it immediately.