Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Prime Video - No Forced Subtitles

Jump to solution

Can you be more specific on the “how” please?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

That would be:
Roku Home Menu -> Settings -> Subtitles -> Subtitles mode (first option, got it in spanish so I don't know if it's mode or anything else) -> Activate

Be sure to check the Language Preference for Subtitles (second option on the Subtitles list)

Then go to the movie/series you want to watch in Amazon Prime Video App -> Click on it -> Subtitles -> Choose Language you prefer

Then when playing, press the DOWN arrow -> Navigate to the CC option -> Press OK one time -> Continue watching!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

No, that doesnt work, that shows every word and sound effect on screen that is closed captioning.

That is not foreign language subtitles. 

Blows me away, the richest man on the planet and he cant figure out who to pay to fix language subtitles on his own product

Highlighted

Re: Forced Subtitles on Amazon Prime in Canada

Jump to solution

How have you guys still not figured out a solution to this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

It works for me, I mean I was able to watch shows and videos with Spanish Subtitles, no CC

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

I'm happy for you?

Doesnt help me watch Jack Ryan, looming tower, man in the high castle, widow.

I think I could learn all the languages before Roku solves this. It is not an Amazon issue, it works fine on my phone, laptop, desktop, android tablet, ipad, cable tv provider "channel" and macbook, the only place it doesnt work is my Hisense Roku tv

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

@MaxiYung wrote:

It works for me, I mean I was able to watch shows and videos with Spanish Subtitles, no CC

That's because the original language is English and the program provides Spanish subtitles for the English dialog.  The only English subtitles available on the Roku Prime app are for CC. What all the English speaking subscribers are looking for is forced English subtitles - subtitles only for the non-English dialog.

It's ridiculous that Prime and Roku can't sort this out. Amazon has an incentive to move you to Fire TV, so their lack of action is at least understandable if not honorable. But you'd think Roku would work harder to prevent defections to competitive platforms.

Level 8

Jump to solution

I’ve given up and just decided to learn new languages. 

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Now I get it, sorry everyone

Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Forced Subtitles on Amazon Prime in Canada

Jump to solution

Hi I have a similar problem, I have 1 Roku Express and one Roku SE (bought at Wal-Mart in the US).

I have preset the subtitles to Spanish for different series that I watch on Amazon Prime and the subtitles change in every episode to German !! the weird thing is that it happens only on my Roku SE, the Express version works fine.

I already went to setting on the menu and the subtitles keep changing in each episode.

Thanks

0 Kudos