Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
krav1212
Reel Rookie

Prime Video - Connectivity Issue

Jump to solution

My Prime Video channel will no longer load. When I try to access, it starts to load, "blinks" and then says there is an internet connectivity problem in German, Japanese and English. I have great internet service and all other channels work fine. I've removed the channel and restarted the Roku and my router. I even did a factory reset. Nothing seems to work. Amazon tech support is useless. Any assistance would be appreciated!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Prime Video - Connectivity Issue

Jump to solution

@krav1212 

Thanks for the post.

I'd recommend reaching out to Amazon Prime Video support directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Amazon Prime Video channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

You can reach them here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=G9SY6AQJV45JFMET

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@krav1212 

Thanks for the post.

I'd recommend reaching out to Amazon Prime Video support directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Amazon Prime Video channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

You can reach them here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=G9SY6AQJV45JFMET

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Frippster

Jump to solution

I’m having the same problem. Any solution?

0 Kudos
jonnyringo
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Am having the exact same issue with Prime on brand new units, Premiere model. 

JonnyRingo

0 Kudos
turn_one
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same issue. Suggested fix not helpful. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @turn_one,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

I'd be happy to take a closer look to see how we can help get you up and running.
A few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing: 
1. Are you using a Roku TV or a Roku device?
2. Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device?
3. Are you receiving error messages or codes when accessing the channel?
4. What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?

We would recommend taking a look at our Support page for a more helpful FAQ article that walks through the most common troubleshooting steps to assist you. Get started here: Official Roku Support | Roku Device Questions & Troubleshooting
Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
turn_one
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

1. Roku TV, 1 of 4 in our house.

2. Just on Prime Video on this 1 device.  All other devices PrimeVideo works fine  

3. Yes, the channel will not load, times out and says I’m experiencing internet connectivity issues which I am not.  All other devices connect without issue.

4. Restarted Roku device, deleted and reloaded channel in question and other other suggestions in your ‘questions and troubleshooting’ guide linked here  

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@turn_one

Thanks for the follow up.

When removing a channel, please make sure to do the follow specifically in this order:

1. remove the channel
  2. restart the Roku device
  3. add the channel back again

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
osiris321

Jump to solution

Same. Amazon prime video app not working on my Roku 2 (4210x device). I get the "internet connectivity problem" error message in 3 languages. Have tried stopping and restarting router, restarting roku, and uninstalling and reinstalling prime app. Have also tried de-registering device on Amazon page.  Have done a hard (full) reset of my Roku box. Nothing has worked.
All other Roku streaming apps are working fine. Updates to Roku and Amazon Prime app have been done. Roku is 10.5.0 build 4208-04, Prime app is version 12.3, build 2021122417.  Tried adding a micro-SD card thinking it might be a storage issue but that didn't do anything. 

0 Kudos
cbella

Jump to solution

Having same issues. Did you find a solution?

0 Kudos