Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
A2020
Level 8

Prime Video Channel won't stream or sync properly.

Jump to solution

Prime Videos stutter, stop, stream only jerkily - and the sound and picture are never in sync - on every video on Prime Video.

Netflix and Hulu stream perfectly every time.

Prime Video works perfectly on my PC, my laptop, and my smart phone. It is only on my Roku Express that it does not work.

I have removed and re-added the channe. I have de-registered my Roku device with Amazon and re-registered it. I have taken each of these steps repeatedly on different days. Nothing I do helps. Amazon says Roku needs to update the "Prime Video app" (Prime Video Channel) software. I agree, since Prime Video works perfectly on every other device.

Can you help?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
A2020
Level 8

Re: Prime Video Channel won't stream or sync properly.

Jump to solution

I solved this problem by placing a wifi booster 26 inches away from my Roku. Although my internet connection was fine for every other Roku channel, it apparently wasn't good enough for Amazon Prime. I have no issues now.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Macku
Level 8

Jump to solution

I too have been having issues with Prime on my Roku Express, but it works on my laptop. Like you, Netflix and Youtube and others stream fine but not Prime. I contacted Prime and did all the steps as you did but it did not resolve the problem. So what is the answer from Roku?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@A2020 @Macku 

Thanks for the post.

When removing a channel from your Roku device, please make sure to restart the device before adding it back again. Does this resolve the issue?

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to Amazon Prime Video directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Amazon Prime Video channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

You can reach them here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=G9SY6AQJV45JFMET

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
A2020
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, I have unplugged my Roku, waiting a minute, and plugged it back in before adding the channel again. Prime Video still doesn't stream well.

You suggest that I get in touch with Amazon. I have. We spoke by phone. While you suggest that it's Amazon's fault (because that's the only channel that doesn't stream), consider this: Amazon Prime Video streams flawlessly on PCs, laptops, and smart phones at my house. It is only on my Roku Express that it does not stream properly. I'm not interested in watching videos on other devices. I want to watch them on my TV and I do that via my Roku Express.

It's frustrating that Roku and Amazon don't seem to be communicating with each other, because obviously there's a technical problem that neither side can pinpoint or resolve by just pointing fingers. Roku's tech people should be talking with Amazon's tech people to find a solution.

Your customers are in no position to investigate the source of this problem, much less solve the problem. We don't have the specs on the device. We are in no position to refine the software. It's the technical and software staff at Roku and Amazon that have the access and resources to figure this thing out.

Is it possible to escalate this issue so it gets solved?

drkrugs
Level 7

Jump to solution

My face Roku 3700x express won't stream prime correctly consistently. This is an issue only with Amazon ,no other services. When I replaced it with my older 3500x Roku stick it works perfectly. I don't like the interface as much and it doesn't support audio through my phone so I wish the express worked as well as my old Roku stick.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@drkrugs 

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
VBUser
Level 7

Jump to solution

We have two Roku's set up in our house. Prime freezes up when trying to start it on the main tv, but it works fine on the bedroom tv. This tells me it's not a Prime issue but a Roku issue. I have removed Prime, reset the Roku and reinstalled Prime multiple times with no change to the issue. Is there any way Roku can fix this? Looks like multiple people are having the issue based on this thread. Help please.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@VBUser 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us with more information about the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model device are you experiencing this issue with? On this device, are you experiencing any issues with other channels or is it just the Amazon Prime Video channel?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
drkrugs
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi  Thanks

I did as suggested and it seemed a little  better but still stutters and gets audio out of sync. Only on  Prime and only on my newer Roku device.

0 Kudos
A2020
Level 8

Jump to solution

I solved this problem by placing a wifi booster 26 inches away from my Roku. Although my internet connection was fine for every other Roku channel, it apparently wasn't good enough for Amazon Prime. I have no issues now.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos