Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Prime Video Channel not available to add

I just purchased and setup a Roku Premier to use for Netflix and Prime. But Prime Video is not available in the channel list. I found it on the website and app but the option to add it is greyed out. I am located in Spain but Prime is available here and works on all other devices. If it’s really not available I’m returning it. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Prime Video Channel not available to add

Were you in Spain when you set up your Roku account?  The owners of each channel determine where their channel app may be used. Sometimes trying to use a Roku in a country other than where the account was created will lead to accessibility problems

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
Highlighted

I just received it (Roku Premier) and set it up today so it’s never been used before in another country. But I can access Prime here with no problems on the Amazon app itself and website. The whole reason I bought the Roku was to not have to connect my laptop to the tv for Prime. 

@makaiguy wrote:

Were you in Spain when you set up your Roku account?  The owners of each channel determine where their channel app may be used. Sometimes trying to use a Roku in a country other than where the account was created will lead to accessibility problems

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Is this tied to a Roku new Roku ACCOUNT created just for this unit, and not a pre-existing count that was created elsewhere? And/or are you using a VPN that would mask your location either now or when the Roku account this unit is linked with was created?
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos