Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Previous channel button or seletion on Directv Now ?

Is there anyway that you can quickly go back to the last channel with Roku Express or Roku TV? I have both and it drives me crazy having to go through the guide and all the channels to switch from the Basketball and Hockey games on now... Directv Now has no selection for previous channel in the guide or anywhere and no button on the Roku Remotes. What Gives???
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Basil
Level 10

Re: Previous channel button or seletion on Directv Now ?

"scarrollodi77" wrote:
Is there anyway that you can quickly go back to the last channel with Roku Express or Roku TV? I have both and it drives me crazy having to go through the guide and all the channels to switch from the Basketball and Hockey games on now... Directv Now has no selection for previous channel in the guide or anywhere and no button on the Roku Remotes. What Gives???

What gives? Simple: AT&T doesn't think such functionality is important.

What you're asking for would be an in-app feature, most likely by an on-screen button. And, it's missing from the Roku, Apple TV, iOS, Android, Fire TV, browser, and every other version of DirecTV Now. Either AT&T never thought of it, or they decided it wasn't a big deal.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos
T_J
Level 7

Re: Previous channel button or seletion on Directv Now ?

If you want a previous channel remote key you could switch to Sling TV. This Sling TV feature works great with my Roku 2 (4210) & Premiere+ and GE 4-device remotes (works with Roku remote also). 
For example (for SLING TV): 
* you viewed channel A (TNT), then switched to channel B (FS1), then switched to current channel C (NBCSN). Press OK three times to view channel B. [Now your on B, Press OK three times and your back on channel C]
* you viewed channel A, then switched to channel B, then switched to current channel C. Press OK two times, press Right Arrow one time to highlight A, press OK to view channel A
0 Kudos