Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brainsironiclly
Channel Surfer

AMC Plus subscription not showing on the app

Jump to solution

As the title says, I have the ROKU app on a Samsung tv. I ordered the AMC Plus premium channel a couple days ago and it *still* doesn't show on the app. Thoughts?

0 Kudos
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: AMC Plus subscription not showing on the app

Jump to solution

@brainsironiclly

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that the Roku Channel app on Samsung TV will only be able to play The Roku Channel content as the app will not have the same features as a Roku device.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
brainsironiclly
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Awesome.  Sure wish I knew that *before* I bothered with "premium" channels.

Like I said: At least I found out about roku customer service before I wasted any money with you.

Kathoula

Jump to solution

Roku should solve the problem with samsung tvs so we can watch our subscriptions

13 REPLIES 13
brainsironiclly
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Does anyone from Roku monitor these forums?

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@brainsironiclly wrote:

As title says, I have the ROKU app on a Samsung tv, ordered AMC Plus a couple days ago, *still* doesn't show on the app.

Thoughts?

Who did you subscribe AMC Plus through?

I don't know how the Roku app is on a Samsung TV (it's not available on my 8-year-old Samsung) but can you even subscribe to premium services through it?  I would have guessed not.

The Roku Channel app on other devices (computer, non-Roku streamers, etc.) will only show the programs that Roku has licensed and provides directly on The Roku Channel.  In this case, you are not linked to your Roku account and only get what is available to the general public.

If you subscribe to a premium service through The Roku Channel on a Roku device, then your subscription is with Roku through your Roku account, not the premium channel, and can only be accessed on a Roku device linked to your Roku account and viewed through The Roku Channel.

If you subscribed directly with AMC Plus on its website, then you will need to view through the actual AMC Plus app on your viewing device, if one is available, linked or logged into your AMC Plus account.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
brainsironiclly
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I subscribed to AMC Plus on the Roku website. The website shows that I have a subscription for a couple more days.  I was supposed to get a 7-day free trial, but I've already wasted half of it trying to get this sorted. I'm guessing nobody from Roku actually monitors these forums.  Awesome.

Oh well, at least the "free trial" didn't cost me anything to get a taste of the "Roku Customer Service Experience."

brainsironiclly
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

More info: Works if I go through my web browser and watch AMC Plus on the computer and 'sorta' works if I go through the Android app on my phone (it buffers constantly, like every 15 seconds then plays about 5 seconds); but still no joy if I try on the Roku TV app (which is where I *want* it to work, of course.

brainsironiclly
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Anyone from Roku going to propose a solution? Sure would be nice of you to support your customers.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@brainsironiclly

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that the Roku Channel app on Samsung TV will only be able to play The Roku Channel content as the app will not have the same features as a Roku device.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
brainsironiclly
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Awesome.  Sure wish I knew that *before* I bothered with "premium" channels.

Like I said: At least I found out about roku customer service before I wasted any money with you.

Kathoula

Jump to solution

Roku should solve the problem with samsung tvs so we can watch our subscriptions

brainsironiclly
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Agreed!  

0 Kudos