Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Premier League football on Amazon prime

Jump to solution

Hello, I have a roku stick in my tv. Amazon Prime works perfect. But Premier League football options do not show up, like they do in the App. Does anyone know why. I thought maybe my TV or Roku 1 stick is out of date, in particular for the new football streaming service.  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Premier League football on Amazon prime

Jump to solution

Amazon Prime subscribers will be able to watch all the games through supported devices. You can subscribe for £7.99 a month - or take advantage of a free trial , which will allow you watch all of December's matches for £0 - as long as you remember to cancel the trial before it automatically renews and charges after 30 days.

But be warned, not every TV, games console or set top box supports Amazon Prime, and some that do support Prime do not not support its live streaming feature.

NOW TV boxes are among those which you can not access Prime's streaming service through.

Amazon Prime Video is NOT supported on these devices

Amazon Prime is not compatible with these, although some - like the TVs - will be if you plug in a Fire stick into the HDMI port.

• LG Hawaii TV: certain 2015 and earlier LG TVs
  • Sony Bravia TV: certain 2015 and earlier Bravia TVs
  • Sony Bravia Blu-Ray Disc Player
  • Roku: 2014 and earlier Roku devices (excluding Roku 3, which is supported
  • Xbox 360 Game Console 
  • Nintendo Wii U Game Console
  • Now TV

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

It looks like me, you have ROKU device which is too 'old'. According to this article:

Amazon Prime subscribers will be able to watch all the games through supported devices. You can subscribe for £7.99 a month - or take advantage of a free trial , which will allow you watch all of December's matches for £0 - as long as you remember to cancel the trial before it automatically renews and charges after 30 days.

But be warned, not every TV, games console or set top box supports Amazon Prime, and some that do support Prime do not not support its live streaming feature.

Amazon Prime is not compatible with these, although some - like the TVs - will be if you plug in a Fire stick into the HDMI port.

• Xbox 360 Game Console 
  • Now TV
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

NOW TV boxes are among those which you can not access Prime's streaming service through.

• Xbox 360 Game Console 
  • Now TV

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Just as I suspected, must be my tv or old stick. Never mind can still watch it on my tablet. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Yes, I was gutted I have 2 ROKU sticks!! Luckily for me I bought a Fire Stick on Black Friday from Currys for £19.99 but unfortunately me, it is still in the post (hopefully arriving tomorrow though). Don't know how old your TV is but I was casting the game from my phone to my TV last night and it worked well. Just thought I would offer another solution for you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Casting from my old tablet is not good but maybe from my phone could be better, will give it a try. 

0 Kudos