Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Duz
Level 7

Possible Roku game channel

Would it be possible for Roku to develop a game channel with interactive games?

Roku devices dont really have any processing power or memory..Really could only use the remote for directional functions..So any kind of game would have to be streaming..but could interactive stories where user decides character to go like toward the left..right.. etc to choose the outcome of the story be possible? Some kind of games like Tomb raider etc where your actions determine outcome of game?..Not really sure if possible to do on devices like Roku..I know Amazon has Luna but Roku isn't built for gaming.. Or could it do simple input type streaming games?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Possible Roku game channel

It's certainly possible.  People have produced amazing games on Roku and at one point Roku was even promoting games, but they seem to have lost interest, so I doubt they'd be interested in such a thing themselves.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos