Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Pop TV app get stuck in ad loop

I have tried to use the Pop TV app several times and had the same issue now. Roku ad formatting takes you through ads 1-6, but instead of completing the add run, it loops again. It will show part of the show, but it does it as one or 2 of the ads and then then loops back to the ad run. I have gone to Settings>Privacy>Advertisements and worked that angle. Didn’t change anything. 

11 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Pop TV app get stuck in ad loop

@AA23  Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're seeing. What show (season/episode) were you watching when you observed this issue? Do you recall which ads played repeatedly when you saw this issue? 

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen, then restart your device from Settings>System>About. Once your device restarts, add the channel back once more from 'Streaming channels'. Then, let us know if you are still experiencing the issue from there. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I was watching Schitts Creek. And no I don’t remember the ads because I tune them out.

It didn’t work to remove the channel and re-add it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I tried it on season 4, the holiday special, season 5 and 6. Does it on all of them.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Same problem here. So frustrating to get halfway through an episode (Schitt’s Creek Season 6 episode 1) and then get stuck. It’s usually on the 2nd ad. It says Loading and then starts the first ad again. I’ve removed and reloaded the channel, rebooted, and no change.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

This is still happening. Schitts creek, every episode. Various commercials that get stuck in a loop. Taken off and reloaded the app, etc.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Has anyone found the remedy? Season 6, same problem, adds differ based on what the add is going in after a reboot. Ughhh!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I have the same problem. I had been watching Schitt's Creek on Netflix but it suddenly moved to POP and now I can't finish the series because of the frustrating ad loops. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

This is still happening on POP app for Schitt’s Creek!! Please fix this!! This is so disappointing!! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

This is happening on my Roku too, with the poptv app. It gets stuck on the CBS ads, there's two different Star Trek ones and a CBS all-access ad, but it's never played through more than 3 out of 6 ads before it restarts completely. So frustrating that I can't watch season 6 of Schitt's Creek!! 

0 Kudos