Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Feely
Level 7

Poor sound quality on HBO Max

I down loaded HBO Max.  I get a great picture, but very static and noisy sound.  I uninstalled it and reloaded and got the same problem.

5 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Poor sound quality on HBO Max

@Feely 

Thanks for the post.

When removing a channel, please make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back again.

Are you experiencing this issue with other channels when you streaming content as well?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
jloz92504
Level 7

I’m having a similar issue - picture is fine but sound is all static. Removed app, restarted and reloaded app and still the same issue. I am using a Roku 2 running software version 9.4.

ErinA
Level 7

I am having the same issue with HBOMax on both of my Roku TCL tvs. It is limited to this app, and restart usually works, but then it happens again. 

Crunch1
Level 7

Same problem here.  Just HBO App and fast forwarding a couple of times clears it but it's really annoying.

I have no problems with the built in Android HBO App just ROKU.

Adam-Chantel
Level 7

Only with this app and only with 1 movie so far for me: Godzilla vs Kong... really annoying 

0 Kudos