Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Poor channel choice, no Hulu

Jump to solution

I am rather disappointed at the choice of channels with free content I can count only 4.

We supplemented it with Netflix which has been great but we now want to install Hulu which like Netflix has a dedicated button on the remote control but Hulu NEVER appears listed in the channel store. I think www well have to switch to Android TV.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Poor channel choice, no Hulu

Jump to solution

@degt 

Thanks for the note. 

Channel availability/access on Roku devices will vary from region to region. A Roku device will work in any location, however, channels may not be available on your device in that location, based on each channel provider's discretion. For more information, you'd want to contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further about whether they offer their channel/service on the Roku platform in your region. 

You can reach Hulu here: https://help.hulu.com/s/article/how-to-contact-Hulu?language=en_US

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

You must not be looking in the right place, because roku definitely has Hulu.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

Jump to solution

Hmmm... I definitely see Hulu there, and have it running on all of my Roku devices.

Roku 3500X
Roku 4400X
Roku 4661X
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@degt 

Thanks for the note. 

Channel availability/access on Roku devices will vary from region to region. A Roku device will work in any location, however, channels may not be available on your device in that location, based on each channel provider's discretion. For more information, you'd want to contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further about whether they offer their channel/service on the Roku platform in your region. 

You can reach Hulu here: https://help.hulu.com/s/article/how-to-contact-Hulu?language=en_US

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I'm experiencing a similar issue. I checked with Hulu support and they verified that I should be able to get service on the device and in my region. Hulu, and some other channels too like Disney+ and the Roku channel, just simply do not show up in the channel store for me. Is this an with my account perhaps?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Csits 

Thanks for the inquiry.

We would be happy to take a closer look into this for you.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Figured it out.

Had to delete and recreate an account because I created the account in another country.

Would recommend this to be changed in the future if possible. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@sabina 

Thanks for the note.

For more information regarding your device, we would recommend contacting the company that provided you with the device as they would be best able to assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Well, it doesn't show up on my channel store. I tried the Hulu site you pointed to but that's like the chicken & egg problem, the channel doesn't show up but before I can ask Hulu a question I have to create a Hulu account I may never be able to use? typical of the companies that lose touch with their user base...

I lived abroad for over 20 years (English & Dutch speaking countries), now I am back in a Spanish speaking country where I was born but REALLY, I want to see programs in English and not latinamerican-centric channels only, so much for promoting a broad mind.

Do I need to delete my account and create one in another country? I get SICK of visiting sites that FORCE me to see content in Spanish that is of little interest to me.

0 Kudos