Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Poor Amazon Audio on Roku 3

"brianh44" wrote:
I had this same issue, all swishy and hissy and just plain bad sounding.  I hit the asterisk (*) button on my Roku remote to turn on the CC, and lo and behold there's an audio option there to bump it up to 128K (the default seems to be 64K).  After that, it sounds great.  Unfortunately I have to do that every time (haven't found a setting to make it permanent), but it works.

Brian, thank you. This issue had been driving me crazy. My wife swore that I was imagining the audio issues but it is grating it is so bad. Raising it to 128k made all the difference .
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

All very odd - I still don't get that option.

I've raised a call with Amazon.  No idea if anything will happen
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I am also having the same problem on my roku 3 and only with Prime. It is unbearable. I have changed the audio on my receiver to direct and that does not solve it. This does not happen on my roku tv in the bedroom - only roku 3 and Prime. Please help!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Thanks for the tip! My problem wasn't swishing sounds, but way too low volume no matter how much I turned it up.  I don't have the 64/128k options, but I do have a 'volume mode' in the * menu. It was set to none, and changing it to leveling fixed the problem. Strange that I was only having issues with some titles.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

yes, the background noise is terrible. I sure wish they would fix it.

0 Kudos