Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pokemon_Fan
Level 7

Pokemon TV??!

Pokemon TV hasn’t been working on my Roku for at least six months! Am I the only one experiencing this? Error message is no network connection. Of course I’ve removed and reinstalled the channel many times, just in case an update has been released to fix the issue.
Where’s Ash now?
Is Pikachu still his friend?
0 Kudos
12 Replies
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Pokemon TV??!

Hi,

Thanks for the note. Are you still experiencing this issue? I tested this morning, and the channel appears to be working normally.

Try removing the Pokemon TV channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the Pokemon TV channel back once more. Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny
Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Pokemon_Fan
Level 7

Thank you for the suggestion, it didn’t work. Still same error message:
This device is currently not connected to the internet. Go online to watch and save videos.
Retry
0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to us.

We recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device. Alternately, I'd also recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network or mobile hotspot. If you are able to connect without issue, this usually indicates an issue with your network or password. In that case, you might also try changing your network password to see if that resolves the connection issue. 

Try taking a look here for more tips about troubleshooting that network error code: https://support.roku.com/article/208755728-what-should-i-do-if-i-cannot-connect-to-my-home-network-o...

Keep us posted with what you find out. 

Thanks,
Danny
Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Pokemon_Fan
Level 7

Hi,
I have rebooted everything, many times! Unfortunately due to our rural location we don’t get mobile network access, so broadband is our only option. What I’m struggling to understand is how every other channel works fine, but this one has no network? Ive just downloaded an update, I’ll try again......
0 Kudos
sammj93
Level 7

Hi did this get resolved? Still receiving the same error on my Roku streaming stick upon first installation of the Pokémon TV app. Wondering if the service is no longer available to Roku users?
0 Kudos
Pokemon_Fan
Level 7

Still unresolved!
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for letting us know what you're seeing. As the issue only impacts that specific channel on your device, I'd recommend contacting the channel/service provider and reporting the issue you are seeing within their channel (app) on the Roku platform in your location. 

You can reach Pokémon Company International support here for Pokémon TV issues: https://support.pokemon.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000020113

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Haggis7923
Level 7

Pokemon tv app not working on roku stick

Error message is no network connection, but all other channels/apps are ok

[post moved]

0 Kudos
Kezdaniels
Level 7

Also doesnt work on my device. Getting the same message. Tried all steps in this thread and no joy.
0 Kudos