Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Plz tell me how to removed unwanted channels and BLOCK anymore from downloading.

Please tell me how to stop the automatic downloads of more channels!!!  I HATE having soooo many channels, plus my disabled sister has figured out how to put even MORE onto our display screen.   How do I delete the excess garbage that we NEVER watch, and then LOCK it so no more channels can sneak in????  I've had Roku for years but I'm about to throw them ALL in the trash because it adds a channel anytime it can.  This is BS!!!!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Plz tell me how to removed unwanted channels and BLOCK anymore from downloading.

To delete a channel, highlight it from the main screen and press * on your remote.  There should be an option to remove the channel.  Then, go to https://my.roku.com/account/pin and add your PIN preferences.  No channels should be added automatically (although I have seen Roku add things automatically like Disney+), but keep in mind that channels added to any Roku will be added to all Rokus linked to the same account.  Likewise, any channel removed from one Roku will be removed from all Rokus linked to the same account.

-JT