Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
_deletedaccount
Level 7

Re: Plutotv channel crash problems

Jump to solution

With the latest Roku update, 10.5.0 build 4201-46 on a 4660X Roku Ultra, Pluto just continues to crash at random times. The app will crash out to the Roku Home Screen.

There was ZERO issues before the latest update that was pushed.

Any solutions, or a way to log this with Roku or Pluto? I assume its Roku since it was stable before this new update.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Plutotv channel crash problems

Jump to solution

@_deletedaccount 

You can try uninstalling Pluto, Restarting the Roku (System Restart), and then re-installing Pluto.  I would also add in a router reboot.

Using similar 4600x  with same OS build as yours and not experiencing issues with Pluto currently.  Tested on both seperate wireless network/router and ethernet. 

The only times I have encountered Pluto crashing previously is when my internet speed drops off due to weather, my ISP is experiencing an issue. (DSL), or Pluto is experiencing a Channel/app issue.  This is kind of why I think rebooting both the Roku and the Router may be a good idea even if you are not having issues with other Channels.

Final step I do with Channel issues is to do a Manual System Update to simultaneously update both the system and installed channels.  Settings...System...System Update 

Post back if still having issues or need more help.  Could be experiencing some network interference issues requiring you to choose alternate network band or change the assigned wireless channels for a better connection.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660x, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941
0 Kudos