Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 9

Plutotv channel crash problems

Jump to solution

Everytime I load plutotv it kicks me straight out and make to the home screen. I have uninstalled and reinstalled plutotv, I have also, checked for updates and restarted my roku. Can anyone help with this. It was my favourite channel Roku Streaming Stick + (3810, 3811 series)  #plutotv 

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 11

Re: Plutotv channel crash problems

Jump to solution

I haven't experienced any trouble with Pluto TV yet on my Streaming Stick 3600R.

Did you force restart your Roku after uninstalling Pluto, and before reinstalling it?

That may or may not help, but it might be worth a try.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 12

Jump to solution

Just for more information on this...  You always need to restart between uninstall and reinstall of an app.  If you do not restart then the app is never fully uninstalled and may leave behind whatever issue there is.

Uninstall App

Restart Roku Device

Reinstall App

Hopefully it will fix your problem.  I haven't had any issues with PlutoTV since their last major update in which I did have to reinstall the app to fix.

10 Replies
Highlighted
Level 11

Jump to solution

I haven't experienced any trouble with Pluto TV yet on my Streaming Stick 3600R.

Did you force restart your Roku after uninstalling Pluto, and before reinstalling it?

That may or may not help, but it might be worth a try.

Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

I will try that now. It’s only happened this morning. Thanks for answering 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12

Jump to solution

Just for more information on this...  You always need to restart between uninstall and reinstall of an app.  If you do not restart then the app is never fully uninstalled and may leave behind whatever issue there is.

Uninstall App

Restart Roku Device

Reinstall App

Hopefully it will fix your problem.  I haven't had any issues with PlutoTV since their last major update in which I did have to reinstall the app to fix.

Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

Hi, I hope uninstalled plutotv, pressed the reset button for 10 seconds on the roku stick, I went through the on screen setup, reinstalled plutotv and it has worked!  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12

Jump to solution

Whoa...  you just needed to restart the roku, not RESET it.  In the settings there is power and restart.

LOL.  Lesson learned.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 11

Jump to solution

You're welcome.  I hope it solves the problem for you!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 11

Jump to solution

That's great!  I'm glad I was able to help!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

Ok so tried watching plutotv today and it’s doing the same thing! I’m not resetting my roku again. I have uninstalled, restarted from the settings and reinstalled and it’s still not working again. This is driving me mad lol 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 11

Jump to solution

I'm sorry that it's happening again!

It's a mystery why it's happening on your Roku Streaming Stick + (3810, 3811 Series) but it isn't happening on my Roku Streaming Stick 3600R.

In any event, as noted before, resetting the Roku is not necessary for the uninstall>restart>reinstall process.

I know you said already tried it this way, but if you decide to try again, simply uninstall Pluto, go into the Roku settings to restart the Roku (not factory reset), and then reinstall Pluto.

Do all other channels / apps work correctly on your Roku?

0 Kudos