Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Natnat
Level 9

Re: Plutotv channel crash problems

Jump to solution

All my other channels work fine. Thanx for your advice again. I’ve give up with it. Plutotv seems to work when it wants. I’ve emailed them and I’m waiting for a reply. I tried again last night and it worked. This morning it wasn’t working again.  I tried again at 5pm and it’s working fine now. Do you know if plutotv is supposed to work 24hr? 

0 Kudos
Dbjbcjd1
Level 7

Jump to solution

It use to for me, but now I can only watch Pluto on my tv for about 2 hrs or less before pluto shuts off.   I just did a restart so I’m hoping this will help,  (on my tablet no issues)

0 Kudos
Boz
Level 11

Jump to solution

For what it's worth, I have 2 old Roku Streaming Stick 3800R (2017) and 3 even older Roku Streaming Stick 3600R (2016) devices, with 57 channels / apps installed, and I'm able to watch Pluto on any of them continuously for many hours with no problems.

0 Kudos
jimmyjames7217
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have the same problem with my Fire TV cube. The stick and box work fine. I have tried all of the recommendations you guys have suggested with the same negative results.  

0 Kudos
motowngrrl
Level 7

Jump to solution

Restarting Roku worked!

0 Kudos
kathypop
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have Roku built-in to my TV. Would shutting the TV off then on restart it?

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@kathypop wrote:

I have Roku built-in to my TV. Would shutting the TV off then on restart it?

No.  Instead, do this from the Roku home page:  Settings > System > Power > System restart > Restart.

(On a separate Roku device, it is Settings > System > System restart > Restart)

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.
0 Kudos
HannahRose
Level 7

Jump to solution

Still crashing and I have removed app restarted ruku and reinstalled app and pluto tv still crashes. Nothing is fixing the issue

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hello @HannahRose

Thanks for posting here in the Community!

If you are unable to play videos from one channel after removing then re-installing it, videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

You can reach Pluto TV Support here: https://support.pluto.tv/hc/en-us/requests/new

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
TennisFan
Level 8

Jump to solution

Pluto among other video apps crashes on my 2017 Roku tv. I just think the Roku software is too old to handle the apps.

0 Kudos