Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Pluto tv plays fine then just goes blank

Hey. Firstly, I have fantastic fiber internet. We have 2 Roku Ultra's, both ethernet connected. When I do Roku speed tests I get 91 MBPS. All apps work fine. I hardly ever watch pluto TV but just today I had it on the 24/7 carson channel and just left it playing. (My Roku's have the bandwidth saver turned OFF). After about 45 minutes (give or take) the show just goes blank......It can be mid-show or during a commercial. It doesn't happen when it's transitioning from show to commercial. It just randomly goes blank and it will stay blank forever until I start it back... So I thought I'd try it using the actual TV app itself instead of the Roku (in my case Vizio) which is wi-fi connected (not ethernet) and it's not happening, it just stays playing. I've checked Roku for updates, restarted it, etc.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Pluto tv plays fine then just goes blank

Again today........same same same

On Roku Ultra - pluto goes blank after 38 to 40 minutes. It's the same amount of time every time it just goes blank and I touch nothing. I switch over to the Vizio pluto app instead of Roku - the same channel. Just keeps playing perfectly fine for hours. I don't have bandwidth saver enabled. I disabled that a long time ago. Speed test shows 91 Mbps. in the other room, on the Roku ultra, this doesn't happen. All the other apps work flawlessly and I haven't noticed any issues other than this. I mean, it's not a huge deal since I can just use the Vizio app, but it bugs me because I hate navigating through Vizio apps. Everything on my Roku is up to date......I rebooted it.....Not sure what else to try I've checked every setting in Roku that I can possibly think of.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Pluto tv plays fine then just goes blank

@OneAfterAnother 

Thanks for the posts.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos