Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 9

Pluto tv not loading

Roku Streaming Stick (3600 series)  #plutotv.  #channelcrash

hi all, everytime I click on plutotv I get the loading screen and then it boots me straight back to the menu. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled plutotv but I’m still getting the thing. 

0 Kudos
18 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Pluto tv not loading

When removing/reinstalling, did you restart your Roku between uninstalling and reinstalling? This will make sure there is nothing hanging around in memory from the original installation so that everything for the channel gets reinstalled. It may not make a difference, depending on the exact nature of your problem, but it's worth trying.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

How is it possible you uninstall and then restart the Pluto TV app before reinstalling, if it has been uninstalled ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

I’ve tried everything, it still doesn’t work now. I’ve given up on it 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

As I've said elsewhere, the new update isn't supported on older devices, and they have no intention of fixing it. So you're probably doing the right thing

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Thankyou for your reply. My device is brand new, it’s the latest streaming stick +. The problem I’m having is sometimes it lets me watch Pluto tv and sometimes it doesn’t. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I got a reply from Pluto last night, telling me, to, er, uninstall and reinstall it. 

So they hadn't actually read my email. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

I’ve emailed them a few times and haven’t received one reply. It’s a shame because it’s such a could channel. If they put that little extra in they would go far. I hope you get a decent reply. 

I’ve even factory reset my roku, all channels I’ve downloaded play just fine. Plutotv on the other hand either kicks me back to the home screen, plays for a few minutes and boots me out or will just freeze. I’ve uninstalled, reset and reinstalled numerous times. Checked for updates both on the plutotv channel and my roku and factory reset, still no joy 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Weirdly enough, it's suddenly started working again. 

Can't get a list of channels anywhere, mind

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

My roku and plutotv both updated yesterday but I’m still having the same problem unfortunately. 

0 Kudos