Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pasg15
Level 8

Re: Pluto tv not loading

Pluto just does not seem to load anymore.I have also tried everything uninstalling reinstalling app.l have also updated Roku.The only answer i have had back from Pluto via email is to reinstall the app again.

It was working great until they had an update and all UI had changed...

Shame looks like I'll just have to live without it until problem is fixed by them.

renojim
Level 21

It's working for me, but I still have Software version 9.2, so I can't say if there could be a problem if you were updated to v9.3.  One thing, when you removed and reinstalled, did you Restart between the removal and reinstallation?  This is very important.

0 Kudos
Pasg15
Level 8

I am using version 9.3 on Roku Express. Yes made sure I restarted Roku before reinstalling pluto. At the moment Pluto is launching again but this happened yesterday and went back to bouncing back to homescreen earlier today. 

0 Kudos
Riceuten
Level 9

Mine didn't update, but just randomly started working again. Go figure. 

0 Kudos
Natnat
Level 9

Yay! Mines still not working lol 

0 Kudos
Pasg15
Level 8

Pluto was loading ok this morning .Now back to not loading again.The same feedback from Pluto saying reinstall app.It looks like users will have to make do with it loading randomly until they sort a permanent patch in an update .

The more people complain to them I expect it will be sorted out in the end.

RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Pasg15 @Natnat 

Thanks for the information.

If you have removed the channel, restarted the device, and then added the channel back again and it is still not working, I'd recommend reaching out to Pluto TV directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Pluto TV channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

You can reach them here: https://support.pluto.tv/hc/en-us

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Natnat
Level 9

Thankyou Danny.

I have emailed them numerous times and haven’t gotten a reply. I’ve just emailed them again. It’s a shame since a lot of people have the same issue. Mines still not working now after yet another uninstalling reinstalling restarting checking for updates on both roku and plutotv and unplugging my device and plugging back in again. My internet is brilliant, and I don’t have problems with any other channel or app on roku, just plutotv. Thanks for taking the time to read my post. 

Riceuten
Level 9

Part of the issue is what they offer in the UK and the US are very different, and I suspect that the compatibility of the tech with various TVs and software platforms varies wildly on both sides of the pond. 

I don't expect anything from an application that I don't pay for or subscribe to. Pluto don't respond to emails other than to tell you to delete and reinstall. Therefore the commercial imperative for them to assist people a minority of people unable to access their programmes just isn't there. 

TheMachine
Level 8

Dated 07.09.2020: Last night PlutoTV functioned on both Roku2 and Roku3. Yet, this morning PlutoTV will not function on either Roku2 or Roku3. Uninstalled PlutoTV and rebooted all Roku devices, then reinstalled PlutoTV, still same, attempts to load hear audio then kicks back to main Roku menu....Perhaps a fix will occur soon.