Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Pluto tv goes to black screen

I have a Roku tv and daily watch Pluto tv.  Recently, no matter what channel I am watching on Pluto, after a few minutes of viewing, the screen goes black and there is no sound.  After 10-30 seconds, the screen and sound return but the program has advanced.  This happens no matter what Pluto channel I am on.  It does not happen with any other Roku streaming channel.

I sent a request to Pluto support about this matter but got the canned response that their engineers had just submitted an update to Roku and the problem would be fixed shortly.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: Pluto tv goes to black screen

I am having the same problem, with no response.  It seems to only happen with several of the newer channels.  It is very annoying.

0 Kudos
Level 7

I have the same issue, just got. Roku stick and having issues with Pluto.  Netflix or prime are fine.  Pluto will black out then come back on a few minutes later.  If I turn the tv off and back on lit works for about 10 minutes then starts acting up again. So frustrating.

0 Kudos
Level 8

Hi.  This problem seems to have gone away or been fixed.  Yesterday, the black screen rarely happened.  Today, so far, it has not happened at all.  Fingers crossed!

0 Kudos