Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RockNRok
Level 7

Pluto changes channel. Pluto won't hold desired channel

I have the latest Roku Ultra. I noticed that on Pluto, the channel will change without my touching the remote. Going back to the menu, it shows I'm on the desired channel but the displayed show is from a previously viewed channel. I can get it back by changing to a third channel, then returning to what I want to watch - often it will change again and keep cycling. Anyone else getting these unsolicited channel changes on Pluto TV?
0 Kudos
10 Replies
edge10
Level 7

Re: Pluto changes channel. Pluto won't hold desired channel

Same here. I just started using the Roku about 2 weeks ago. At first I didn't notice the problem but it seems to be getting worse.
0 Kudos
RockNRok
Level 7

I actually returned a Roku thinking it was defective but the new one does the same thing. I don't know if it's Roku or Pluto that's the problem .
0 Kudos

It's a Pluto issue. Have you contacted them?
0 Kudos
GMAGDNA
Level 7

@scottypie1234 have you looked at their site? Tgeir is no means to contact them directly. Their Support area is strictly FAQ and other similar static documents. No way to submit issues. It is a Pluto issue that they have chosen to be completely silent about on every forum where Roku users complain, and on their own FB page and other social media.
0 Kudos
GMAGDNA
Level 7

According to their site these are the only Roku models they support. Anyone have the channel issue on one of these?

Roku 1 + Roku 2 + Roku SE = Models 27XX (+Roku 2 42XX)
Roku 3 + Roku 4 = Models ALL
Roku MHL Streaming Stick = Model 34XX
Roku HDMI Streaming Stick = Models 35XX + 3600X
Roku Random = Model 400, 2450, 2500, 26XX, 30XX, 31XX, 42XX.
0 Kudos
optikhog
Level 7

"GMAGDNA" wrote:
@scottypie1234 have you looked at their site? Tgeir is no means to contact them directly. Their Support area is strictly FAQ and other similar static documents. No way to submit issues. It is a Pluto issue that they have chosen to be completely silent about on every forum where Roku users complain, and on their own FB page and other social media.

https://support.pluto.tv/hc/en-us/requests/new
0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

As @scottypie1234 mentioned, for more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact PlutoTV support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves, and they'll be able to best assist. 

Thanks,
Danny
Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
GMAGDNA
Level 7

@optikhog that’s helpful. The only way I can get that URL (outside of your post) is to do an internet search for “Pluto tv submit support request”. I don’t find a link in any of the numerous pages in the Support section of their site.
0 Kudos
optikhog
Level 7

"GMAGDNA" wrote:
@optikhog that’s helpful. The only way I can get that  URL (outside of your post) is to do an internet search for “Pluto tv submit support request”. I don’t find a link in any of the numerous pages in the Support section of their site.

I actually had it bookmarked.  I've been using it since it was released and have had a couple of issues.  They used to be helpful, but it would seem support has fallen off of a cliff since they were bought by Viacom.
0 Kudos