Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Pluto TV

Pluto tv on my Roku, tries to load then kicks back to my home screen.
I have followed the advice removing and reinstalling the channel and update Roku still doesn't work

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Pluto TV

When removing/reinstalling, did you restart your Roku between uninstalling and reinstalling? This will make sure there is nothing hanging around in memory from the original installation so that everything for the channel gets reinstalled. It may not make a difference, depending on the exact nature of your problem, but it's worth trying.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Hi Makaiguy

I have just try your suggetion but that does'nt work

Thank your help away

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Depending on the age and model (not mentioned), you may have too many channels added. Try removing a few, reboot, and try again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Did your Roku recently upgrade to version 9.3 of its operating software? Find out via Settings > System > About. Many people are reporting similar problems over a varietyi of channels since receiving 9.3.

Several people with varied problems after receiving the 9.3.0 update have reported success via the suggestions in the first paragaph of this post:
https://community.roku.com/t5/Remotes-Accessories/Roku-Streaming-Stick-remote-fails-after-new-system...
(After that, the post deals with a specific remote function that had to be re-enabled.)

I don't know if this will help with your particular situation, but it can't hurt to try.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Hi Cruiser57 

Yes I have a old Ruko when I removes  4 channels  its working now

Thank you for your help 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

@sdb6591 wrote:

Hi Cruiser57 

Yes I have a old Ruko when I removes  4 channels  its working now

Thank you for your help 

Great! The same thing happened to my no longer used MHL purple stick when Pluto changed their interface. The old devices have limited memory capacity for channels.

0 Kudos