Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Pluto TV was hacked in November 2020 LifeLock Warning about Dark Web

Jump to solution

From my Norton Life Lock "The site pluto.tv has been reported in November 2020 to possibly have suffered a data exposure that could include 3,225,904 records. Exposure: Username, Password, IP Address-32 Bit

• - If your notification mentions an email, change the password associated with it. It has been exposed.
  • - If your notification mentions an affected website, do also change the password to it, or to any other site where you’ve used the password.  YOU MAY WANT TO CHANGE YOUR ROKU PASSWORD
  • - Choose a unique and strong password for each individual site. Don't employ the same password each time.
  • - Review your credit reports and watch for new credit inquiry alerts or suspicious activity. Consider freezing your credit file.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Level 18

Re: Pluto TV was hacked in November 2020 LifeLock Warning about Dark Web

Jump to solution

yeah Pluto is free anyways.

No need to give authentic credentials but people do.

many people use p@ssword for their password. Clever aint it?

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Level 18

Jump to solution

yeah Pluto is free anyways.

No need to give authentic credentials but people do.

many people use p@ssword for their password. Clever aint it?

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Level 8

Jump to solution

yes some do not put much thought into passwords and security. 

Just the same, I went through and changed all my passwords for my email addresses that I use for my Roku as well as any other apps just in case.  I've been lucky so far as far as not being hacked very badly nor my identity stolen.  I keep my anti-virus up to date and never click on links and never play those games on Facebook.