Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PGVet
Level 7

Pluto TV is not working .It gets stuck on CBS news . It won't properly load Wanted Dead Or Alive .

Pluto TV is not working properly . It won't let me chose which channel to watch .  Wanted Dead or Alive seems to load but it doesn't play then the channel seems to stick  ., the screen goes black . I have to turn off the TV but it still  doesn't work . The same happens with Gun Fight At The OK Coral /.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Pluto TV is not working .It gets stuck on CBS news . It won't properly load Wanted Dead Or Aliv

When problems are confined to a particular channel, it may be that the channel did not install correctly, has received a faulty update, or has subsequently gotten corrupted. A reinstall of the channel to get its latest version may fix the problem, so give it a try. Remove/reinstall procedure:

1. Highlight channel on home screen.
  2. Press * key on the Roku remote and choose Remove channel option.
  3. IMPORTANT- DON'T SKIP:
    Restart the Roku to clear its memory via Settings > System > System restart. (On a Roku TV, this is Settings > System > Power > System restart.)
  4. Reinstall the channel. Note it will be added to the END of the channel grid.
  5. If channel requires a login, you may need to log in anew.

If the problem persists at this point, it typically means the current version of the channel app has a problem that must be addressed by the channel itself as they are the ones that create the Roku-compatible version of their app and provide it to Roku.

Doug
Roku Community Streaming Expert  I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution."
0 Kudos