Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Pluto TV app screwed up

When I go to the pluto tv app it just boots me back to the home screen. This continues to be a recurring issue with the pluto tv app and Roku. Pluto tv works fine on the computer but I have no clue why it for no apparent reason stops working on my Roku Ultra. I've tried uninstalling the app and rebooting the Roku but it still doesn't work. So I guess it's by-by pluto. 

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

PLUTO TV does not respond

I viewed PLUTO this a.m.  Now when I tried it this p.m., it starts to load, but then RETURNS TO THE HOME SCREEN.  I have removed and re-added Pluto, but the problem still occurs.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: PLUTO TV does not respond

Sorry that you're having this problem.  I'm having the same problem.  I've tried updating, restarting and everything else I can think of and still have the same problem.  If I figure something out I will respond with the info.  Please do the same if you resolve the issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Yep. PLUTO is broken or gone on the ROKU.

I have a new Roku TV, New Roku stick, and two new ROKU 3900X Express in my house.

Pluto does not work on any of those ROKU devices as of today.

In every combination and order on each device, I tried updating, restarting shutting off, reinstall, uninstall, install individual PLUTO apps, in all etc.

Definitely a ROKU problem. PLUTO TV does work on my desktop PC.

I have not tried it on my phone or Prime FireStick.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Pluto TV app screwed up

Yep. PLUTO is broken or gone on my ROKU too. Seems like a "ROKU only issue".

I have a new Roku TV, New Roku stick, and two new ROKU 3900X Express in my house.

Pluto does not work on any of those ROKU devices as of today.

In every combination and order on each device, I tried updating, restarting shutting off, reinstall, uninstall, install individual PLUTO apps, in all etc.

Definitely a ROKU problem. PLUTO TV does work on my desktop PC.

I have not tried it on my phone or Prime FireStick.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Wish I could offer something specific which I did, however for some unexplained reason, Pluto TV is now loading.  I don't know if there was a temporary glitch in the Pluto TV app, but it seems to be working as it should at this time.  Hope it continues!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

I know it's no help, but it works for me. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the post.

When removing the channel, please make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back again.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

It is back, without the "Binge Watch" category.

They must have updated, removed some features and came back, and didn't tell anyone.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Pluto had an unannounced update. They removed a few features. In my opinion, they didn't have the common courtesy to tell us ahead of time or even mention they had recently updated.

ROKU should make it a policy that all creators of ROKU apps keep the user well informed of changes and updates. This is the second ROKU app I have had SUDDENLY changed on me. The last one I used now suddenly has "In APP Purchases". No warning nothing. I gave it a 1 STAR rating.

0 Kudos