Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ikonrahu
Level 8

Pluto Favorites on Roku Messed Up.

Each and every day, Pluto Channel on Roku rearranges my Favorites so that the channels are never in the same order. Very very annoying and inconvenient.

If I leave Pluto watching a channel saved in Favorites, it will not open in Favorites when I come back to Pluto channel. It will open the channel in its category. Very annoying and inconvenient as I then have to scroll through all the categories to return to Favorites.

These all started happening since the last update. Badly conceived “update”.

#Pluto 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
makaiguy
Level 21

Re: Pluto Favorites on Roku Messed Up.

Roku just provides the platform on which the channel apps run.  The channel apps are provided and maintained by the channels themselves.  If this is a change in behavior, you should be talking to Pluto. Roku is just a conduit for Pluto, just as your TV is.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Ikonrahu
Level 8

That is not true since I have access to Pluto channel on different platforms. The behavior and display is platform dependent. The randomization of my favorites only occurs on the Roku platform. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Ikonrahu

Thanks for the post.

As @makaiguy stated, many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further.

You can reach Pluto support here: https://support.pluto.tv/hc/en-us

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 21

@Ikonrahu wrote:

That is not true since I have access to Pluto channel on different platforms. The behavior and display is platform dependent. The randomization of my favorites only occurs on the Roku platform. 

Then the problem is with the version of the Pluto app that Pluto created to run on the Roku platform.  This is no different than, say, the Windows version of Word that Microsoft created for a Windows PC platform running differently than the IOS version of Word Microsoft created for an Apple platform.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
demsd
Level 13

@Ikonrahu wrote:

Each and every day, Pluto Channel on Roku rearranges my Favorites so that the channels are never in the same order. Very very annoying and inconvenient.

If I leave Pluto watching a channel saved in Favorites, it will not open in Favorites when I come back to Pluto channel. It will open the channel in its category. Very annoying and inconvenient as I then have to scroll through all the categories to return to Favorites.

These all started happening since the last update. Badly conceived “update”.

#Pluto 

I think the intent is to get you to watch a variety of channels. The more you watch, the more $ they make.

Roku Ultra 4670X
40" TCL Roku TV
50" TCL Roku TV
Ikonrahu
Level 8

makaiguy
Wrong again since apps are all up to date and current. No older app versions. You must be paid by Roku since you’re such an apologist. Seems like your mantra is “Roku can do no wrong.”

0 Kudos