Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ronfelder
Level 7

Plex

Recently plex came out with a new user interface. I saw and was using it fine on my rokus including 3100x and ultra. Now as of last night only the ultra shows the new plex interface and the 3100x is back to showing the old interface. What's up?
Roku 2xs (3100x), Roku Express (3900x) ,Roku Ultra (4660RW) .FIOS Quantum modem router, Verizon FIOS 100/100, LG HDTV 42LH90, Pioneer VSX-920 Audio/Video Multi Channel Receiver
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Elijah_Baley
Level 7

Re: Plex

"ronfelder" wrote:
Recently plex came out with a new user interface. I saw and was using it fine on my rokus including 3100x and ultra. Now as of last night only the ultra shows the new plex interface and the 3100x is back to showing the old interface. What's up?

There was/is a LOT of uproar on the Plex forums some justified but a lot not, and Plex has rolled back the new interface on lesser powered Rokus until they address the issues.

The newer Rokus will continue to have the newer/better interface.
Two Roku Ultras, three Roku 3s and a Roku 1
"Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside." Mark Twain
Van Roy's Law: An unbreakable toy is useful for breaking other toys.
0 Kudos
DubTaylor
Level 10

Re: Plex

Newer? Yes. Better? No.

I have about 30 libraries for TV Shows and Movies. I have one server. All 30 of my libraries now appear as "Library Name - Server Name". Why do I need to see the Server Name, when there is only one? Oh, that's just one of the little annoyances that happen when you ignore all input and do what you want.

The UI has potential, but I have absolutely ZERO confidence that Plex will ever do much more than what's done right now. Yes, they talk a good game, but Plex Veterans know 'Talk is Cheap'.
0 Kudos