Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Timm317
Level 7

Plex app crashes and Roku restarts or reboots....

I have used ROKU for quite the number of years with no issues. I recently upgraded to an ultra and everything was great. I use a hardwired connection to the player. I stream about everything and use my plex server and tuner from silicon dust (HD homerun) to do this. Recently when I go to play anything that has been recorded with the DVR function of the PLEX, the roku crashes and reboots. I get the static screen and everything. Is anybody getting this too? It's quite frustrating because I can strem the exact same content from a PC or my phone. It does not crash the server. It is a ROKU device crash.... Smiley Sad

Tim in Indy

0 Kudos
6 Replies
optikhog
Level 13

Re: Plex app crashes and Roku restarts or reboots....

No problems here with the Plex app on Roku. You will want to go check their forums for help, they have been updating the app frequently...

https://forums.plex.tv/tag/roku

0 Kudos
Timm317
Level 7

You could be correct, but since I have a Roku premier in another room and have no problem with it at all, I'm guessing that it is a hardware issue, or programming related to the hardware differences of the ultra and the premier.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 21

The Ultra and Premiere is mostly the same box with some minor differences. Unless you have the brand new Ultra 4800, which does hardware differ from all other players. There have been some issues reported with the 4800, but I don't recall Plex being one of them. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Timm317
Level 7

It is a Model 4800X I purchased it in the beginning of February and it is still under warranty. I'm thinking i should send it back if there is no good reason for this to happen. I purchased an Ultra because i wanted to use a wired Ethernet connection. It happens no matter what type of connection I use. Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 21

I just tried playing some recorded TV with my 4800, although it's not recorded with Plex. I use J River Media Center for my OTA recording, then edit out the commercials with VideoReDo. I haven't had any issues with playback, other than an aspect ratio problem with older 4:3 content being squeezed from the sides. But the same thing is happening when I use RMP for playback, so it's something specific with the 4800 and MPEG2 video. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 16

Make sure this gets reported directly to Roku:

chat or email:  https://support.roku.com/contactus/contact-options  (choose setup/ultra/other/need more help?)

0 Kudos