Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kharak
Level 7

Plex Streaming issues on Premier+ 4630x with 8.0.1

Tried searching the forums for my specific software build and Roku type and found nothing within the last 30 days so I'm starting this thread.

I have two Rokus: an older 3100x  2XS and a new Premiere+ 4630x

The 2 XS has software 8.0.0 build 4128-02
The Premiere+ has software 8.0.1 build 4042-29

Plex works great on the 2 XS, but on the new premiere+ that I just got it is absolute garbage with the common constant stopping/rebuffering issues reported with 7.7.

Both Rokus are connected to a wired ethernet network with the Plex media server, and I've already gone through the full network troubleshooting regimen to make sure that wasn't the problem. I've tried the other Plex 'fixes' with no success, so I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction for a solution to this frustrating problem?

I've been a longtime Roku customer and in all seriousness if I wrote/released code that broke functionality like this I'd be fired.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
kharak
Level 7

Re: Plex Streaming issues on Premier+ 4630x with 8.0.1

Nobody knows which firmware I might possibly revert back to to fix this? Is nobody else having this problem with Plex on the Premiere+?
0 Kudos
CVSMax
Level 7

I believe I'm having the same issues here with Plex and Roku. I never had buffering on Plex previously and now it is happening all the time on certain files. I am also directly connected through ethernet with appropriate cables so that is not the issue.

My wife is ready to make the switch away from Roku given the issues we've had with it over the past 2 months with this and constant purple screens. This board has been zero help in terms of getting a response from Roku which is pushing me to make the switch since customer support is important to us. Too bad, since we've had a number of Rokus over the past few years. All of our issues began around the time the 8.0 firmware got installed.

Good luck getting a response here from support. I see thread after thread on this board with complete silence from the company other than something like "I'll check on that with you..." deflection.
0 Kudos
MrDifficult
Level 7

This is a shot in the dark, but AVAST loves to mess with my Plex server.  Have you tried suspending your firewall/antivirus program temporarily from the server side to see if that is the snag?  Then you can adjust from there. . . 
0 Kudos
CVSMax
Level 7

I actually did have Avast up until a week ago. I did have everything Plex related whitelisted so it wouldn't be scanned by Avast (or the firewall either). I am still having the same issues though even after switching away from it and just using Windows Defender now (with the Plex folder whitelisted). Thanks for the lead.
0 Kudos
kharak
Level 7

Like I stated previously, my Plex server works great with my Roku 2 XS that is on the same wired ethernet network. My Roku Premiere + works with everything BUT Plex, with the constant rebuffering issues where it drops down to 33% and slowly over 2-3 minutes will get back up to 100%, play about 15-20 seconds then repeats the same frustrating rebuffering problem over and over again. At this point I'm considering sending it back to the vendor I bought it from since I have a 90-day warranty...
0 Kudos