Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
knuckle
Level 7

Plex Classic

Now that Plex Classic has been removed from Roku will the main plex app work with non HDMI sets?
ROKU 3 4114AT076252
ROKU 2 LT 16A182002191
ROKU 2 LT #2 16A19K025194
ROKU HD 18D2CP067635
Roku TV 2N002P050587 2WE012050587
ROKU HDMI STICK 5S35CF000124
Roku Express + YU000X236772
all running wireless on a Technicolor C2000T
0 Kudos
66 Replies
chiaroscuro
Level 7

Last Straw - I've had it with Roku

Last night you removed the only app I use on your device -- PLEX CLASSIC. What a lowly, underhanded thing to do - It never updated, and has a better interface, and is 5x faster then the present version of Plex. Why couldn't you have just left it there instead of removing it? I already hated your company for all the way you treat your customers, but this is the last straw.
As of today I will be shopping for a new streaming device, and will smash the Roku box with a sledge hammer.
0 Kudos
mikebdoss
Level 10

Re: Last Straw - I've had it with Roku

"chiaroscuro" wrote:
As of today I will ... smash the Roku box with a sledge hammer.

Why would you do that? What's the point, and why would you make the point to share that with a bunch of strangers on the internet?
0 Kudos
mikebdoss
Level 10

Re: Plex Classic

"knuckle" wrote:
Now that Plex Classic has been removed from Roku will the main plex app work with non HDMI sets?

Apparently it has for quite a while (according to the Plex forums). https://forums.plex.tv/t/roku-just-stopped-supporting-plex-classic-6-27-2018/276783/19
0 Kudos
facetzmarek
Level 7

I return my TCL TV through ROKU TV, 

I want something with Web browser, Android TV, KODI, 
0 Kudos
brianrok
Level 7

I think we have a legitimate claim to demand a refund regardless of age.  We had this installed and they removed withour consent.  The device belongs to me.  My device, since I bought these for Plex Classic, is now worthless.  It's not based on obsolescence, merely their whims.  Even if they bring it back, do we really want to support a company that does this?  I don't.  I doubt others do too. 
0 Kudos
brianrok
Level 7

Just demand a refund.  You had a device with value.  They broke in like a thief in the night and took that value away.  Don't destroy, make Roku pay.
0 Kudos
trekkeriii
Level 10

I guess Roku is getting rid of channels early using the older code or duplicate channels?
http://trekkeriii.com/Roku_PHP_list.php
Router - ASUS RT-AC68U
ISP - TWC - 50 Mbps/5 Mbps
Net+ Cert
0 Kudos
wilyhawk
Level 7

This sucks.  Plex Classic worked so much better than the new one.
Navigation for my children will be impossible now.
Why not let it stay around for us who want it.
Please stop auto-deleting channels off of our personal devices.
0 Kudos
wilyhawk
Level 7

Confirmed it was Roku that removed it, not Plex.
This sucks.  Plex Classic worked so much better than the new one.
Navigation for my children will be impossible now.
Why not let it stay around for us who want it.
Please stop auto-deleting channels off of our personal devices.
0 Kudos