Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Whatarussh
Level 7

Plex - Audio Sync Issue

I'm also having audio sync problems on the Roku Ultra. Plex audio works perfect on our Sharp Roku TV so it is unique to a software problem on the Ultra. The issue only happens with videos played via the Plex App, not Netflix or Disney just Plex.

I'm tired of bad software updates and then slow fixes from Roku. The Plex audio sync problems has happened before with the Ultra. I'm about ready to sell this thing and buy Apple TV. Considering this is Roku's top of the line device and their core-competency this should be the best product and software on the market. Apple TV is way more stable. 

5 Replies
jpicco
Level 7

Re: Plex - Audio Sync Issue

I'm having what seems to be the same problem, and it has also happened on Criterion Channel app. 

Dansheen83
Level 7

Hi, I'm having a similar issue with my Roku streaming stick. Recently the video and audio can go out of sync with one another. Exiting to the home screen and resuming puts the audio and video back in sync for a time but it eventually goes out o sync again. Can anyone recommend a workaround or fix? Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
ppwaskie
Level 7

I’m having the same issue, which started recently, but on a Roku Premier, and a Roku Ultra.  I run my own Plex server on a Linux host, and have been for a number of years (pushing 8 years).  I had Plex server 1.21.1-r1 (it’s a Gentoo server), and I had zero issues with audio sync. One I upgraded the server (currently at 1.21.2.3939), I’ve had audio sync issues.  It seems to happen wherever a commercial hits, or right at the start of a show or movie.  If I back the Roku player up by one tick (10 second jump I think), that re-sync’s audio...until another commercial break.

This is happening on pretty much all the content I have, which is a mix of h.264, h.265, 720p, 1080p, 2160p, with stereo, AC3, DTS, doesn’t seem to matter.

I downgraded my server back to 1.21.1-r1 and the issue goes away.  But obviously I can’t keep it on there forever.

It’s worth noting that my Nvidia Shield TV Pro has zero issues with audio, nor does the Plex apps on my iPad or Android phone.

If I can provide any logs, info, whatever, I’m happy to try and help.  This is a very frustrating issue, and I’m hoping it can get resolved soon.

0 Kudos
Pil71
Level 8

Same problem here.  Roku streaming stick+ running Plex client.    

Roku are not responding.  Plex have 'emailed' Roku that's it.   Need to bang together the heads of these two corporates that really don't get the concept of customer service.

0 Kudos
Brandon_006
Level 7

@Dansheen83 The quick workaround is to turn off Direct Play in the Plex app settings on your Roku device.

0 Kudos