Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IBIGIK9

Please put speed control back (youtube)

I was able to set speed as 1.25, 1.5, 2 …. when I play youtube video on youtube channel, UNTIL a few weeks back, that option is gone. Can you please put it back, it is a very convient and useful feature. 

5 REPLIES 5
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Re: Please put speed control back (youtube)

That’s a request to ask Google not Roku.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@IBIGIK9 

Google owns YouTube and built the YouTube app. They control what functions are available within the app.

The controls about which you are asking appear for some people (me) for not for others (you). I know there was some research going on as to why -- there are some really long threads about this if you really want to read them -- but everything pointed to it being a Google issue.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
EvilDad

Sorry, I don't post much and multiple entries made. I totally agree. I will stop using Roku. There is a lot of content we need to review in a short amount of time.  Other platforms, ie.. Amazon TV, my laptop YT browser are now my GO TO not RO KU for reviewing the topics I need to go through.  It was especially useful for livestreams to catch up if you start late. Roku is losing relevance in my YT world. 

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@EvilDad     

8329B655-1018-4D27-A0AE-9280653368D8.jpeg

0 Kudos
cwcheese
Roku Guru

in some ways I agree with @EvilDad about the speed at which to review content, and using a laptop browser for YT, Amazon, etc are much more straightforward. I do that from time to time and utilize the ubiquitous watchlist or favorite lists to tag content, which then I can quickly look up when using Roku or any other device.

It's a matter of preference, and I've found the Roku platform is most effective for me as compared to Fire or Chromecast. I wish you good luck to find the viewing choices that fit your needs most appropriately.

don't call me expert, just a long time Roku user that seen a lot of things
0 Kudos