Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jhinckley
Level 7

Please make the Amazon Prime Video watchlist VERTICAL! Tired of scrolling.

Jump to solution

Can someone at Roku give a good reason for not tiling the movie thumbnails vertically instead of horizontally in the Prime watchlist and video libraries?  I have over 100 movies in my video library and probably twice this in my watch list.  Why not tile the movies vertically so you can get much more on the screen?  Instead I have to scroll to the left or right for days just to get to a movie in my library or find something in my watch list.  I realize there is a search feature but maybe I want to just *browse* my library or watchlist because I'm not yet sure what I want to watch?  Nope...too much scrolling, don't want to.  

Please keep in mind a lot of people are driving their Roku with the remote, not a keyboard.  

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Please make the Amazon Prime Video watchlist VERTICAL! Tired of scrolling.

Jump to solution

@jhinckley 

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Amazon Prime Video support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Amazon Prime Video support here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=G9SY6AQJV45JFMET

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Please make the Amazon Prime Video watchlist VERTICAL! Tired of scrolling.

Jump to solution

@jhinckley 

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Amazon Prime Video support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Amazon Prime Video support here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=G9SY6AQJV45JFMET

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos