Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Please don't "dumb down" Roku Media Player. There was a new version installed for a short time...

Yesterday, I opened the Roku Media Player channel. I could tell right way that a new version had been released. It did look/feel pretty good, but it definitely had some issues I didn't like so I hit the updated button and it reverted back to the old Roku Media Player (whew).

1. Please don't remove track information. I think folks who run their own media servers care about whether or not an audio track is 128/256kbps, or FLAC, etc.. I saw in the new version of RMP, media info is removed completely. Please bring this back for the new version. If anything, I want more info being displayed about my media, certainly not less.

2. The folder structure was somehow only being displayed in the far right column. I tried changing display menus for everything, but there was a blank column on the left with everything else being crammed on the right side.

I am not sure why the new version was only available for such a short time, but I glad I have the old version still. If you are tying to clean up the interface by removing items, please have advanced options so more information can be displayed.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Please don't "dumb down" Roku Media Player. There was a new version installed for a sh

RMP version 5 gave people fits when it hit the streets yesterday -- especially those attempting to play files from a USB stick on Roku models that support this. The forums practically blew up over this as soon as people started trying to use the new version. Roku pulled version 5 back out last evening and reverted to the previous version.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi