Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
spacemtndog
Level 7

Please Help Netflix Not Loading

I’ve had the most Basic Roku2 XD for years. Nothing has changed in the setup then on 3/21/18 the Netflix wont play. I can get in and see my list. I can select a show and episode and hit play. It gives me a brief “connection” message and then just goes back to the screen where the episode is... I’ve unplugged 5 times nothing changes. I can play pandora just fine. And I can stream nextflix on my iPad just fine.
I’m at a loss and don’t know where to turn for help. Because I’ve got this older model Roku I can’t even submit a query ...
0 Kudos
3 Replies
RokuShawnS
Level 10

Re: Please Help Netflix Not Loading

Few things to try:

• Reboot your router/modem/Roku (unplug the Roku, wait for the router/modem to come back online, then plug the Roku back in); test Netflix;

• Delete Netflix; reboot Roku (do not skip this step); re-add Netflix; test Netflix;
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos
spacemtndog
Level 7

How on earth do I delete Netflix. It’s just a big button on my remote? And then how exactly would I re-add it?
0 Kudos
RokuShawnS
Level 10

Select the channel at the Home Screen.  Hit the asterisk button.  Choose option Remove Channel.

After rebooting, to add it back to your lineup go to the Channel Store.  Netflix should be in the featured channels section and/or most popular (should be first in the Most Popular, if my Roku is any indication).
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos