Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
the5thbeatle
Level 7

Please Help! Linking to DirecTV

I've added a new Roku App that requires it links to my DirecTV account. 
Everything goes fine in the activation process, until I'm asked to enter my DirecTV account information. 

After entering the activation code and account info (which is correct, I checked it at the DirecTV site) I get the message on my computer:
"Success! Congratulations, you've successfully activated your device and can now watch Olympic Channel. It may take a moment for your device to update."  

On the TV, it doesn't progress to the now verified app. I've left it for 15 minutes and it just never gets the message. The TV screen doesn't change from "go to activate.olympicchannel.com and enter the code."

I have cleared the cookies on my computer, dumped the app, reloaded the app, turned off the Roku, restated the Roku (and TV) NUMEROUS times, gotten new verification codes, but I am not able to view the channel.

Your help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6\
Strega
Level 15

Re: Please Help! Linking to DirecTV

This sounds like it may be a problem with that specific app or their website.  So, it may help to name the app/channel or ask via their support/contact options.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

You've tried everything I'd have suggested. I have DirecTV myself but I'm not at home where I can try anything today.

The only thing I can suggest for now is to do the following in this order:

Remove the channel app.

Restart your Roku to clear its memory.

Re-install the channel.

Doug
Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Roku Streaming Stick 3600

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, just a user like you.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution."
makaiguy

I'm back home where I can check things out.

When a streaming channel app requires you to log in with your TV provider, this is to verify that you have a package with that provider that includes that channel.

So does your DirecTV package include the Olympic Channel?  Tune to DirecTV channel 624 and see.  If your package does not include it there will be instructions on how to subscribe.  You'll most likely need to subscribe to a higher DirecTV package.

I do NOT have a DirecTV package containing the Olympic Channel and my experience trying to activate the Roku Olympic Channel app is the same as yours.

Before you subscribe be sure you understand that this channel will have some supplemental information but the games themselves will be carried in the US by the NBC/UNIVERSAL family of channels, who paid megabucks for the privilege.

For info on how to view the games on Roku, see the temporary "2020 Tokyo Olympics" item that's been added to the Roku home screen menu.  (And yes, although being played in 2021, that's not a typo or mistake, they officially are being termed the 2020 Olympics.)

Doug
Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Roku Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution."
0 Kudos
makaiguy

For more information on what Olympic Channel carries, see the FAQ here:. https://olympicchannelservices.com/about/

Doug

0 Kudos
the5thbeatle
Level 7

Thank you for returning home and taking the time to answer my question!

The Olympic Channel app on the Roku worked just fine, until a few days ago. Then I started getting digital pixelation, loss of sound, the picture suddenly speeding up like fast motion and then go backwards, picture and sound out of sync, frequent black screens where it would just say "reloading" that would last 5 minutes or longer. NONE of these problems were happening on any other Ruku Channels.

I dumped the app and reloaded it. After entering the activation code and Directv account info (which is correct, I checked it at the DirecTV website) I got the message on my computer:
"Success! Congratulations, you've successfully activated your device and can now watch Olympic Channel. It may take a moment for your device to update." But the TV screen with the activation code would never change. It was like Directv wasn't communicating with the app.

I finally contacted the Olympic Channel App support people (support@olympicchannel.com) and was given these instructions:

1. Delete the Channel from the  Roku device.
2- Restarted my device, Settings->System->System Restart.
3- Re-Add the Channel.

That almost completely fixed the problem, I still get intermittent pixelated interference, but at least now the programming is watchable.

Thank you again for trying to help! I really appreciate it.

0 Kudos
makaiguy

@the5thbeatle wrote:

I finally contacted the Olympic Channel App support people (support@olympicchannel.com) and was given these instructions:

1. Delete the Channel from the  Roku device.
2- Restarted my device, Settings->System->System Restart.
3- Re-Add the Channel.

That's just what I suggested in my first reply.   Previously did you restart before reinstalling the channel, and if so, how did you do it?  This step is essential to clear the Roku's memory so you get a clean reinstallation.

Doug

0 Kudos