Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Miami_Son
Level 7

Playstation Vue issue on Roku

Friday night I started having an issue with changing channels while watching Vue. What was normally a quick process started taking a long time, anywhere from 30 seconds to more than 5 minutes. Frustrated, I went to bed and hoped it was just a momentary issue that would resolve itself. Saturday I woke up to more of the same, which made watching college football a painful process all day. The problem continued all weekend and into this morning on all 5 of my Roku Express units throughout the house. I called Vue support and after some troubleshooting we determined the problem is with Roku and not Vue or my internet connection since it works absolutely fine on my tablet and phones. I'm guessing it is not an isolated hardware problem since I am seeing the issue on all of my Rokus and has something to do with the Roku service. Anyone else seeing this issue? When it happens I will see the screen go black with the selected channel info showing (as usual), but the audio of the previous channel continues playing and the screen does not change to the new channel. Like I said, it can take from 30 seconds to more than 5 minutes sometimes. Very aggravating. Anyone have a phone # for Roku support?
0 Kudos
22 Replies
Miami_Son
Level 7

Re: Playstation Vue issue on Roku

No one in here is having this issue with Vue? Interesting, since a number of people in the Vue forum have reported it, as well.
0 Kudos
wesley89
Level 7

I started having this issue last night. It's really aggravating. It seems to happen when I'm leaving a local channel.
0 Kudos
Miami_Son
Level 7

"wesley89" wrote:
I started having this issue last night. It's really aggravating. It seems to happen when I'm leaving a local channel.

Hmmm...hadn't noticed that, but I will check. What's the longest you've waited for it to change? The Vue forums are shut down for maintenance until 10/25, so forget getting any help in there.
0 Kudos
wesley89
Level 7

It takes about 5 minutes. I don't understand why it only does it when I'm leaving a local channel but it works fine the rest of the time. I don't know if PS Vue or Roku is responsible for the PS Vue station on Roku. It does it on both my Roku 3 and Roku Express.
0 Kudos
eirrac
Level 7

I'm having the same issues. Exactly the same. I'm currently trying to load the SEC channel, it's been over 5 minutes and it's still not loaded. Black loading screen, listening to the Michigan vs Michigan St game in the back ground because that's the game I was watching before trying to change the channel. Most channels are not loading. I've read on the FB PSV page there was a Roku update a week or so ago, well, since then, my PSV app takes longer to load. Last week, my channels were loading just taking longer than before, this week most channels won't load at all. I have a Roku TV, internet connection is fine. I cut cable 1-2 months ago and didn't have any problems until 1-2 weeks ago. If it's not resolved soon, I'll have to do something else because I'm not missing basketball season. I'm already going to have to go somewhere else to watch the football game tonight.
0 Kudos
Miami_Son
Level 7

Took note of when this happens. Seems to be no clear pattern. It will do it when trying to go to a local network channel from another channel or when leaving a local network channel for another. No rhyme or reason that I can see. Since yesterday afternoon it has been less of an issue, though. I started a trial with YouTube TV and it has zero issues with changing channels, which leads me to believe it is more of a Vue problem than a Roku problem, but not knowing how the various apps interact with Roku I can't say for certain. It is definitely NOT an internet issue as I have zero problems with streaming content on any other device, provider or website outside of Vue on Roku.
0 Kudos
Miami_Son
Level 7

I did some more testing and found that the problem is most obvious when trying to go from a local network (ABC, NBC, etc.) to a non-network channel (ESPN, FoxNews, etc.) or vice versa. If I go from ESPN to HGTV or some other "cable" channel it changes normally, but if I go from any of those channels to a network channel it hangs up, sometimes more than 5 minutes. Vue only added the local networks recently and of those 4 it added (NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX) Fox and CBS were just added 2 weeks ago around the time when this issue started. I'm thinking it is not a Roku issue, but one with Vue. Anyone else seeing this same behavior?
0 Kudos
wesley89
Level 7

I contacted PS Vue a couple of days ago and they had me do a couple of things but it was still changing slow. They said they would be working on it. This morning I noticed they'd added another local channel and also that the issue with the slow switching between channels seems to be resolved...at least it is this morning.
0 Kudos
Miami_Son
Level 7

Yes, I noticed this morning that it appears to be working properly. This after Vue support insisted all last week (via forum and phone calls) it was a Roku issue. :/
0 Kudos