Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DisappointedOne
Level 8

Playback for Prime, DAZN, Paramount failures

After about five minutes of play these apps freeze video, with audio lasting about 10 seconds longer and then it crashes. I saw one post about Amazon prime crashing and they said it was the app, but I’ve seen the same behavior and all these apps. Very frustrated this is a Roku 4800 X Roku ultra, it is directly wired to my router end it seems that things continue to run worse and worse over time

4 REPLIES 4\
DisappointedOne
Level 8

Re: Playback for Prime, DAZN, Paramount failures

Forgot to mention that YouTube also pixelates and finally freezes. I’ve had pretty good success with Netflix but not much else

0 Kudos
DisappointedOne
Level 8

I just verified that Hulu does the same thing

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi @DisappointedOne,

Thanks for reaching out regarding the issue you are experiencing.

We appreciate your patience regarding this matter. I understand that you are unable to play any video, channel freezes as well as audio issues with multiple channels.

As a first step, could you try to check the status of the connection to your Roku device by visiting Settings > Network > About.

• The Status will either say “Connected”, or you will see a message that your Roku device is not connected to the internet. If your device is not connected, select Set up connection and follow the on-screen instructions. If you are having trouble, learn what to do if your Roku device cannot connect to your network.

After confirming your Roku device is connected, select Check connection to perform a test of your network and internet connection. For help understanding the results and how they can help troubleshoot playback issues, review the detailed article about the connection check.

If playback issues continue, restart your Roku device and your router*.

• To restart your router, check the instructions from your ISP or router manufacturer. In some cases, you can simply unplug it and plug it back in, and in other cases, it may require pressing a reset button on the device.
  • To restart your Roku player, go to Settings > System > System restart, or to restart your Roku TV, go to Settings > System > Power > System restart. You can also unplug your Roku device from the power source and plug it back in.

Please try doing this and see if it helps with what you're experiencing.

Regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 20

@DisappointedOne

You didnt mention your firmware version: Settings/System/About

4800-specific things to try:

1) Manually configuring display:  Settings/Display type=<select one of the options relevant to your TV> - try again

2) Change audio output:  Settings/Audio/HDMI=Auto passthrough - try again

3) Enable/disable framerate switching:  Settings/System/Advanced system settings/Advanced display settings/Auto adjust display refresh rate=enabled/disabled

Known general solutions/workarounds for apps not loading/crashing:

1) Check for updates: Settings/System/System updates/Check now - try again

2) Change your Theme to the Roku Default: Settings/Theme/Restore default theme - try again

3) Change your Screensaver to a Roku clock: Settings/Theme/Screensavers - try again

4) Network connection reset: Settings/System/Advanced system settings/Network connection reset - try again

5) Completely unplug power from Roku for 10-15 minutes - try again

6) Factory reset: Settings/System/Advanced system settings/Factory reset <--- last resort

0 Kudos