Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2019whocares
Level 7

PlayStation Vue

Anyone else having an issue with PlayStation vue crashing? I’ve already uninstalled and reinstalled the app. The Roku app is up to date, reset modem and router 🤷🏻‍♀️😡

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: PlayStation Vue

Hi there!

For more help with your issue, please see our Tips for Creating a Help or Support Topic in the Community. Including important details in your issue report helps us better understand the specific issue you are reporting.

I'd also recommend reviewing Troubleshooting Channel Issues for additional troubleshooting steps and guidance on reporting this type of issue to channel (app) providers. 

Please provide additional details about your specific model of Roku device. Please also confirm specific troubleshooting attempted as referenced above, and include the status update you received from contacting PlayStation VUE support. You can reach them here: https://support.playstation.com/s/playstation-vue?language=en_US

We can continue assisting you from there. 

Thanks! 

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
mdiorio
Level 7

Yes! Mine crashes as soon as it launches. Has been doing it for about a week. Rebooted, reinstalled, etc
0 Kudos
2019whocares
Level 7

Try this:
clear the cache for the PS Vue app:
Press the following buttons consecutively from the Roku's home menu:
“Home” 5 times
“Up”
“Rewind” twice
“Fast Forward” twice
0 Kudos
mdiorio
Level 7

Is that actually supposed to do anything? No messages or anything. And the app still crashes.
0 Kudos
mathelm
Level 7

Yes, it's a system reboot.  But it's not helping on any of my 4 Rokus.  Was having intermittent issues with just one of the 2 Ultras, the one that's hard wired to internet, but today it's all of them.  Can't sign into Vue.  Just hangs, even if it gets past the select user screen.  But the one Firestick I have is playing Vue fine.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mathelm Thanks for the note. Have you already tried removing the channel, restarting your devices, then reinstalling the channel once more? 

If that isn't clearing up the issue, you'll need to contact PlayStation VUE support to report the issue you're experiencing and request additional support with their channel on the Roku platform.  

You can reach them here: https://support.playstation.com/s/playstation-vue?language=en_US

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
mathelm
Level 7

Yep, thanks for the reply.  Been reading over at their forum and the constant buffering the last few weeks or so wasn't just me.  So I went back to take another look at Hulu.  And it turns out that now, even with the unlimited streams add-on ($9.99), it's the exact same price I've been paying PS Vue.  And Hulu is running perfectly here.  So now instead of a 5 stream limit, I've got unlimited home network streams, and upto 3 simultaneous mobile streams.  Sweet...

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the update. 

I tried logging in and testing the channel on a few different devices, and I'm not able to reproduce the issue you're describing, so I'm not sure what may be occurring.

The only other recommendation I could make would be to try connecting to a different wireless network, or use wireless vs. ethernet and see if you have the same experience. 

Keep us posted if there's anything else we can help answer. 

Cheers,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
mathelm
Level 7

Yea I did the wireless change and hardwired the two Ultras.  But at best it has been jerky/buffering on all devices except the desktop PC for the past few weeks.  And reading over at their forum shows me that it's not the Roku.  At least not directly.  Sony is doing something on their end.  But like I said, I've sign on to Hulu for the same price with more simultaneous streams if I need them.  And it's running perfect on the Roku's.  So  I've turned off auto subscription on my Vue account, which runs out on the 19th, and have a 7 day free trial on Hulu.  So I'm golden here.  Thanks for the help 

0 Kudos