Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Darnell
Level 7

Re: PlayStation Vue now on Roku

"rnye1" wrote:
I have the Philadelphia locals on my subscription and WPVI Channel 6 "live" programming is 15 minutes slower than actual time ! I hope this gets fixed. :shock:

15 minutes, wow, hahaha.

Call PlayStation Support: (877) 883-7669
0 Kudos
dbled333
Level 7

"dfgsrzwer" wrote:
"dbled333" wrote:
I was on Tech support with Vue & Roku. Neither had a fix. I get eh same error on my old Roku LT. I'm wondering if it a issue with my home network. I have no problems with any other app.

It's not your network. A post back on the first page said you have to set up an account first, and then activate. If you go to the webpage Roku tells you to go to first, you will get an error (and if you already have a very old Sony account like I do you are likely to get a wrong location error as well). I got the same error, then figured it was a blessing in disguise (and a harbinger of possible things to come; as I believe Sony has good hardware and poor service) and said forget it. At least they did not get my credit card number, and then could claim I activated the service but got an error.

I actually found out on the Vue forum that the problem is with them. Supposedly they are working on it.
0 Kudos
dfgsrzwer
Level 8

"dbled333" wrote:
"dfgsrzwer" wrote:
"dbled333" wrote:
I was on Tech support with Vue & Roku. Neither had a fix. I get eh same error on my old Roku LT. I'm wondering if it a issue with my home network. I have no problems with any other app.

It's not your network. A post back on the first page said you have to set up an account first, and then activate. If you go to the webpage Roku tells you to go to first, you will get an error (and if you already have a very old Sony account like I do you are likely to get a wrong location error as well). I got the same error, then figured it was a blessing in disguise (and a harbinger of possible things to come; as I believe Sony has good hardware and poor service) and said forget it. At least they did not get my credit card number, and then could claim I activated the service but got an error.

I actually found out on the Vue forum that the problem is with them. Supposedly they are working on it.

Heh. As I said, poor Sony service...Smiley Wink I can only imagine how many hoops you have to jump through to cancel.
Charter Spectrum 60; d-link dual band router
Roku 4210, 3710; Xbox One, 360; Samsung BD player
Samsung tablet; Windows Vista laptop; LG phone
Toshiba DVD-R; Sony AVR; Panasonic AR
1080p and 720p TVs
0 Kudos
Elijah_Baley
Level 8

"dfgsrzwer" wrote:
Heh. As I said, poor Sony service...Smiley Wink I can only imagine how many hoops you have to jump through to cancel.

Actually canceling is VERY easy. Just go to https://www.playstationnetwork.com/vue/my-subscription/ and use the cancel button. Once you do that, if you have no other PlayStation needs, you can go to https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwor ... lay.action and remove your CC info.

I did the above and have had no billing problems with them.

With all the other problems and difficulties Vue has had at least they got canceling right.
Two Roku Ultras, three Roku 3s and a Roku 1
"Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside." Mark Twain
Van Roy's Law: An unbreakable toy is useful for breaking other toys.
0 Kudos
john262
Level 7

Ok, so now there's another streaming service that costs from $30 to $50 and up. Add that to Netflix, Hulu, Amazon and any number of other subscription services and you may as well just pay for cable. What's the point?
0 Kudos
barneypoo69
Level 7

"belltown" wrote:
A small tip to get to the list of all channels: Press the Down key until you're at the Channels row, then press the Left key, then OK.

This is a cat's meow !
Thank you. Thank you @belltown
Roku 4, Time Warner Cable 200/20 & Asus RT-N66U
HDfury Integral
Samsung 50JS7000 SUHD
Marantz SR5009
Oppo BDP-80
Paradigm & NHT speakers
SVS subwoofer
0 Kudos
dfgsrzwer
Level 8

"Elijah_Baley" wrote:
"dfgsrzwer" wrote:

Actually canceling is VERY easy. Just go to https://www.playstationnetwork.com/vue/my-subscription/ and use the cancel button. Once you do that, if you have no other PlayStation needs, you can go to https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwor ... lay.action and remove your CC info.

I did the above and have had no billing problems with them.

With all the other problems and difficulties Vue has had at least they got canceling right.

It was a joke, considering all the other problems they have had.

Edit---half joke. I went to the first link you gave above and got an error message (the same error message the other poster got)...luckily the second link says no CC on record (my account is 4 years old).
Charter Spectrum 60; d-link dual band router
Roku 4210, 3710; Xbox One, 360; Samsung BD player
Samsung tablet; Windows Vista laptop; LG phone
Toshiba DVD-R; Sony AVR; Panasonic AR
1080p and 720p TVs
0 Kudos
DarkJedi
Level 7

"john262" wrote:
Ok, so now there's another streaming service that costs from $30 to $50 and up. Add that to Netflix, Hulu, Amazon and any number of other subscription services and you may as well just pay for cable. What's the point?

The point is I get what I want and I'm paying less than half what I was paying for cable.
0 Kudos
FX4
Level 7

I'm not quite as low as half but every time I run the math for what I am buying I am saving. Apples to apples about thirty percent.
I just ran the numbers today and the savings are still pretty significant: 215.00 from the cable company vs 141.00 streaming, IP phone, etc. So keeping the same level of service I'm saving 74.00 a month or roughly 890.00 a year.
OTA - Antennacraft HDX 1000
Roku 4 (x1)
Roku 3 (x3)
Roku Streaming Stick (x1)
Roku2 XS (x4)
Nvidia Shield
Raspberry Pi XBMC
MacMini XBMC/Plex
ATV3 (x2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
knuckle
Level 7

Most folk think that cord cutting via streaming is a free ride ... I have yet to hit the "free" spot yet but I can get just as much quality programming ( that interests me any how,not a sports fan) for about a third the price of cable and that includes the required net connection.
ROKU 3 4114AT076252
ROKU 2 LT 16A182002191
ROKU 2 LT #2 16A19K025194
ROKU HD 18D2CP067635
Roku TV 2N002P050587 2WE012050587
ROKU HDMI STICK 5S35CF000124
Roku Express + YU000X236772
all running wireless on a Technicolor C2000T
0 Kudos